Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
None taken here either, I really do hope you had some good Scotch.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TAK,

Flame me if you want, but neither you or the gunwriters told me the .35 Whelen was "the queen of suck". But boxer did. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No scotch guys thanx.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by moosemike
TAK,

Flame me if you want, but neither you or the gunwriters told me the .35 Whelen was "the queen of suck". But boxer did. laugh

The problem here is you are confusing opinion with fact.

Doing what is was developed for,it is a very useful cartridge. Proven by a few million hunters that use it.

Ditto with 30-06. Something that has been around for 100+ years and ammo a sales for that cartridge still far exceed the .270. .280. etc. every year. Those are nothing but necked down 30-06. That pretty much proves the fallacy of that statement.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
I find it amazing that people ask questions online and then do whatever they had already decided to do - it's a thin veil of "my purchase/decision is the best, please justify it online for me".

Whatever. I shoot next to guys with brakes all the time - they SUCK for everyone around you regardless of hearing protection. Anyone that can afford to do an elk hunt can afford a softer shooting rifle if they wanted to - at least that is my opinion based on the cost of hunts versus the cost of good rifles...

If you go back and read my original post, I asked how much recoil reduction can I expect, not should I do it. AND I asked if you can't answer the question, don't reply. It's amazing that in four pages, there have only been about a half dozen replies, if that, which answered my original question.

When I go to the range, I use a berm that can only handle one shooter. No one else is around me. This AM, I hit the range at 6:30. No one else was even at the range and we have 1200 members. I don't shoot on weekends because there are too many jerks.

I find it amazing that some one replies to a thread, when they have never read the original one. If you don't like to shoot around others who use them, get up earlier.

And who are you to decide how anyone spends their money?.

I will do two elk hunts this year, 10 day seasons each. Neither one of them will cost as much as a new rifle, scope, dies, brass, powder ,bullets. I chose to spend money on the hunt itself, not new toys.

You have a problem with reading comprehension. And BTW - I did read every post in this thread.

Enjoy and good luck with your hunt.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlesore
TAK,

The problem here is you are confusing opinion with fact.

Doing what is was developed for,it is a very useful cartridge. Proven by a few million hunters that use it.

Ditto with 30-06. Something that has been around for 100+ years and ammo a sales for that cartridge still far exceed the .270. .280. etc. every year. Those are nothing but necked down 30-06. That pretty much proves the fallacy of that statement.

Next you're going to try to tell me the .270 isn't 'the answer to nothing' and the .257 Weatherby isn't the king of the ping pong ball flingers like 'stick said it was. wink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fotis
No scotch guys thanx.

It's a capital "S", dammit!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Next you're going to try to tell me the .270 isn't 'the answer to nothing' and the .257 Weatherby isn't the king of the ping pong ball flingers like 'stick said it was. wink

I wonder what boxer would think of the rifle I'll be hunting with in a few weeks. Open sights, shoots a bullet with a BC of .200 at 1600 fps MV.

On second thought, no I don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

I wonder what boxer would think of the rifle I'll be hunting with in a few weeks. Open sights, shoots a bullet with a BC of .200 at 1600 fps MV.

On second thought, no I don't.

I have a feeling you may find out anyway. Shouldn't have brought it up. laugh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There's an old truism that fits here.

It ain't the arrow, it's the Indian.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
There's an old truism that fits here.

It ain't the arrow, it's the Indian.

I think this is where Steelhead says something about shooting hogs with Judo points. laugh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Then he would be making the error of reading an aphorism literally.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

http://www.theonion.com/articles/it-wuz-always-bout-tha-numbahs,16650/

Laffin'

Last edited by Pittu; 08/08/14.

Eat moose, burn spruce
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
kchunthole,

Facts is facts and remain constants...if only to your chagrin. Congratulations?!?

I'm not making fun of anything,but am rather at [bleep] ease in pointing out facts and connecting dots...despite your being well shy of the faculties to savvy same. I don't tell STUPID [bleep] to say STUPID schit,they do and I really don't feel compelled to apologize for knowing better.

Funnier than [bleep] when you THE most Clueless of kchunts,makes a "stand" fueled with your "knowledge","experience" and "results".

It's ONLY [bleep] funny...because you are seriously doing your "best".

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

Kchuntis,

You poor poor sappy Clueless [bleep],it's a HOOT when you inbide and wax eloquent on Plastic Badges,Rape Whistles and your amazingly looonnnggggggg list of WELL founded insecurities. Then you frost it with how good you are at blow-jobz. "Congratulations"?!? Laffin'!

You "hard chargers" are a "rugged" bunch. Didja' get your Hurt Feelers Report filed? Didja' hit Imaginary Pretend Ignore(again)?!? Didja' honk on your Rape Whistle and bristle your Plastic Badge,while licking a [bleep] window?!? Hey...say how much you "don't care",if only to dupe yourself further.

I'm [bleep] crying I'm laughing sooooooooooo [bleep] hard!!!

Now reiterate how your AMAZING ineptitude is someone else's "fault" and how you champion that fact being "moderated",so you don't have to suffer it,any more than YOU already [bleep] KNOW!

I know,I know...I may or may not be,on Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

You [bleep] colossal sorry Whining Kchunt Dooosh [bleep] Bag.

Just WOW!!!

Laffin'!

SquatToPee,

Start citing ALL the rifles that have whooped your ass.

Laffin'!

Cheer up...if you "forgot",others haven't.

You Clueless Drooling Dumbfhuqq.

Wow!

'9,

Kchuntis offends herself more on "accident",more than anyone else could on "purpose"...so don't go slightin' her "abilities".

Laffin'!

She's writhing her trembling fingers,at the very thought of "Moderating" you...though the Sad Sack Train Wreck Kchunt cain't even Moderate herself.

Laffin'!

EPIC [bleep] humor!

Dooshmike,

I'm rather at ease in talkin' about water under the bridge. Fact is,though it's an old adage to quip "it's the indian,not the arrow"...I've never not mused: "Beware the BEST Indian,with the BEST arrows". Hint.

Now in fairness,I can only make sense,to folks that have sense and thus the inherent hilarity of The Paper Hat Brigade's rollicking Imagination and it's Pretend.

Slow day today. It's still a Hummer Summer(there's goes Kchuntis and her Rape Whistle,which she "Moderates" with her ass),it were a strong Samtucky Day(switching winds and 1400yds of Playtitude),had dueling Dick Rifles(now Kchuntis is in the fetal position,with one in her mouth and the other her ass),dueling 243AI's in the 105 Showdown (A-Max in the Faux Ti and Hornie HPBT's in a pard's #3 Brux)...then it were Krunchentickertitude(75 Hornie HPBT's).

Passed up a goodly passle of Bucks today,because Big Momma has the kids in tow on a going back to school bonanza...and I'm loathe to burn MY tags on meat,with 15 other tags in the house.(grin) Membership sure in THE [bleep],do have it's privileges. Laffin'!

Just checked the PO and I've another 6x Fixed [bleep] to peel outta da' box and mount,then gun a zero and confirm come-ups...so it's Race Ready.

It's "rough".

Laffin'!

'sore,

"Congratulations" upon a Lifetime of INCREDIBLY sloooowwwwwww "learning".

As a Trump Card,you might wanna print this Thread and send it to The Guinness Book and tell them that you are "very" smart(quote yourself for maximum PUNCH),if only to be ASSURED to rate a passage in their next Edition.

LAFFIN'!

'diddle,

You are pissing up a coupla ropes. Kchunthole ain't got the savvy,to savvy.

Laffin'!

Though she DO have the Imagination requisite,to Pretend and "luckily" for her...it's free.

Re-laffin'!

Yep...BEST thread EVAH!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Boxer
I'm not making fun of anything,but am rather at [bleep] ease in pointing out facts and connecting dots...

What, did saddlesore get a sex change and a sun tan? Do tell me about them "facts."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
kchunthole,

I reckon you think she's a "natural" blonde too.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

Here's to the perpetual oblivious hilarity,of you amazingly stupid [bleep]...doing your "best".

Looking forward to your next Whine and even more Excuses.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Boxer
kchunthole,

I reckon you think she's a "natural" blonde too.

Never occurred to me to check. You got the goods?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
kchunthole,

You are "saving" the World...so consult with her as you must,to learn that which arouses you most. Mebbe you two gals can join "forces" and Thelma & Louise things and really make a "stand". Hell...toss Kchuntis in the fray too,so you sappy Do Nothing Whining Dumb [bleep] can play "Moderator" with each other,as you fill out your Hurt Feeler Reports and feign Imaginary Pretend Ignore in unison. Laffin'!

Slow day today,thus far. Blowing 50+,with a right proper Monsoon,so got in some good LR practice with a couple/few different platforms. (3) different diameters of A-Max in the highest BC per each,some 75 Hornie HPBT's ala Krunchenticker,with some other odds & ends added to the fray(understatement). The Mail has been rather rewarding these last coupla days and the new glass has been mounted and proved to 1000++ yards.

Due the tough weather,I might get gypped on the Anschutz 54's headed my way...but I'll make due. Laffin'!

Yep...I got the goods.

Laffin'!

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (257robertsimp, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 13 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 765 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,237
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.