Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
"Hey I got a new rifle! Yeah, it's a 7-08." What a surprise. A Montucky? Who would have thought? It shoots well and you like it? It will kill stuff well? All of this stuff is far too common here.

7mm-08: the 30-06 that the 30-06 could have been. Congratulations on the new promising gun. I don't mean to piss on your parade, but it is like somebody pointing to a Victoria's Secret catalog and telling me that there are attractive women pictured inside.

Really? You are dumping on a guy for talking about his new rifle on a rifle forum?

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
R-H it is worse than that. At least he didn't buy a 30-06 or .270. Their are self anointed "experts" here only to willing to share their extensive knowledge on the rifled bore. To include but not limited to, mounting systems, action length, scope manufacture, etc. We are indeed blessed to have these experts around to point out all the things wrong with our rifles. And you don't even have to ask, just post a pic and maybe a target or two. Full service. I guess this forum really should be labeled hunting rifle. And if it don't look like some kind of sniper rifle, crew served, with all the accoutrements your made fun of.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tongue in cheek gets lost in writing.

I was actually saying that the guy made smart choices and it turned out well, and that is is no surprise. It is so common here that people who get exactly what the guy got are having great experiences. I did not say that the guy is wrong or bad or that his choices were wrong or bad. I stated that his success and pleasure should be no surprise, and they aren't.

As far as caliber, my statement was directed this way: the 30-06 used to be the do-it-all cartridge, but it is now the 7mm-08 which has begun to usurp that role.

I am a self-appointed expert in my own experience. Who do you guys turn to for expertise in yours? I can guess.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nice rifle Bob.

I could love a couple in 7-08 and .223.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I'm gonna be needin a montucky.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Tongue in cheek gets lost in writing.

I was actually saying that the guy made smart choices and it turned out well, and that is is no surprise. It is so common here that people who get exactly what the guy got are having great experiences. I did not say that the guy is wrong or bad or that his choices were wrong or bad. I stated that his success and pleasure should be no surprise, and they aren't.

As far as caliber, my statement was directed this way: the 30-06 used to be the do-it-all cartridge, but it is now the 7mm-08 which has begun to usurp that role.

I am a self-appointed expert in my own experience. Who do you guys turn to for expertise in yours? I can guess.

Can't argue a thing with the above.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Bob,
Congratulations on a nice rifle and caliber. I've been around a few Montana's (though I've never owned one) and had a few 7mm-08's. I like'em both a lot.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Nice rifle Bob.

I could love a couple in 7-08 and .223.

Travis

Stupid GOOD day for both OEM and Improved .378" boltface versions of same today.

Had both out past the 1500yd line.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yeah bobcape it's looking good and a cow elk will be going down for sure. Hunt and shoot what you said was right but you sounded like a dick the way you said it, being from Montana won't save you forever, you could get evicted. Mag Man

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Hey I got a new rifle! Yeah, it's a 7-08." What a surprise. A Montucky? Who would have thought? It shoots well and you like it? It will kill stuff well? All of this stuff is far too common here.

7mm-08: the 30-06 that the 30-06 could have been. Congratulations on the new promising gun. I don't mean to piss on your parade, but it is like somebody pointing to a Victoria's Secret catalog and telling me that there are attractive women pictured inside.

I get a kick outta posts like this, why the hell do people that don't care to read about other peoples rifles come to places like this?

Life is just one damned thing after another
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Second,third and fourth hand...is as close as some can get...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,547
Posts18,453,523
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.