Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
ingwe, there IS/ARE a core group who is very capable of such planning. They have useful and willing tools to work with. The mindless will do their bidding.

and they have the full power of the Federal Government behind them.

Sam......

BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I've been in a riot. One moment, there's just a group of people gathering. It doesn't look threatening. Then you notice that their glances appear malevolent and there's a lot of whispering, or asides being said. Then comes the taunting. The crowd gathers. I saw it coming, and gathered my friends and said, "we're leaving, and we're leaving now!"

At first, they thought I was crazy. Later, I was asked how I knew. I said: "I used my effing eyes, and my brain!"

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Their husbands, one a surgeon with good shooting skills, seemed almost patronizing when he accepted my advice to avoid any areas where there appeared to be crowds of people gathering unexpectedly. The other, an advanced degree scientist, gun owner and shooter could only respond, "We don't go over there very often."

Why do people feel unrest is something that only happens somewhere else?

I imagine it's more a case of you trying to tell two obviously intelligent people to "be careful" when they already know it without being told

You see it as "not worrying" and they see it as "not worrying because they KNOW what to avoid without being told"

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No offense intended here Dan but they are your typical urban liberals. They love the down trodden jungle rats therefore, the loving jungle rats will never hurt them.

There's nothing you can do for them but pray if you are a praying man.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Maybe some people choose to not be scared all the time.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Maybe...but most urbanites I've been around have no clue what to be scared of, and have little situational awareness.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
DAN CHAMBERLAIN - " ... Why do people feel unrest is something that only happens somewhere else? "

Bliss ninnies.

The oblivious sheeple who have no other way of thinking.

"Ahhh, it can't happen to me."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Maybe some people choose to not be scared all the time.

Big difference in being scared & being aware, alert, careful, prudent & prepared & capable..........don't think anybody here is scared.

Come on down & spend some time in the bad part of St. Louis & you'll likely change your perspective.........I lived their for a few years.

MM

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm waiting for the FBI report to come out. You'll see St. Louis and E. St. Louis burned to rubble

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by derby_dude
No offense intended here Dan but they are your typical urban liberals. They love the down trodden jungle rats therefore, the loving jungle rats will never hurt them.

There's nothing you can do for them but pray if you are a praying man.

They go by their "feelings" instead of what Bubba could and wants to do to them.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
698 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,989 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,659
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.