-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TRH, why would I apologize? You spouted off about something you are clueless about for ten pages.

And complained about me "nitpicking" you language on a discussion about something that requires correct terminology to articulate an idea clearly.

I did especially like the "I don't recall" act though.

liar

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Could you make another stab at re-posting that thread link again.

Just put Link: and a space in front of it this time.

Thanks, GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Barak

The assertion that he was injured by Michael Brown before he shot him may or may not be true; based on the evidence I've seen, I choose until further notice to believe that it is not.

Off topic, but I'd really be interested in the recidivism rate of your Kairos group...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I agree, but that doesn't make any injuries he incurred any less real.

What you say is true, but from what I understand, we don't know that he incurred any injuries, just that it has been reported that he's injured. And if he has been injured, we don't know that he was injured by Michael Brown.

The assertion that he was injured by Michael Brown before he shot him may or may not be true; based on the evidence I've seen, I choose until further notice to believe that it is not.

You are late to the party. It was stated from the beginning the officer was beaten in the face and his eye was swollen shut along with facial swelling. Catch yourself up to date from the beginning of the incident. Damn...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by goalie
TRH, why would I apologize? You spouted off about something you are clueless about for ten pages.

And complained about me "nitpicking" you language on a discussion about something that requires correct terminology to articulate an idea clearly.

I did especially like the "I don't recall" act though.

liar
I'm still waiting for you to provide a single quote that indicates to a reasonable person that I've ever claimed special knowledge about electrocardiograms. Absent that, I'm owed a retraction and an apology. Were you a man, one or the other would be forthcoming, but I'm not holding my breath.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Off topic, but I'd really be interested in the recidivism rate of your Kairos group...

Based on research over the last 20 years--may be 25 by now--the five-year recidivism rate varies between 5 and 7 percent. As opposed to 65-70% for ex-offenders in general. It's not secret: look it up.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
You are late to the party. It was stated from the beginning the officer was beaten in the face and his eye was swollen shut along with facial swelling.

Huh. I can't claim to have been following the situation closely--there are so many cops beating, Tasering, and killing unarmed Mundanes these days--but about a week in was the first I ever heard of an injury to the cop, and it sounded as though it was breaking news.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Based on research over the last 20 years--may be 25 by now--the five-year recidivism rate varies between 5 and 7 percent. As opposed to 65-70% for ex-offenders in general. It's not secret: look it up.

I did...& guess what? Your number are low, even by Kairos own reports. All I can find are "studies" provided BY Kairos & their affiliates...kind of like asking Al Sharpton if he's prejudiced...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I did...& guess what? Your number are low, even by Kairos own reports. All I can find are "studies" provided BY Kairos & their affiliates...kind of like asking Al Sharpton if he's prejudiced...

Probably should have been more specific.

The study I saw years ago was regarding ex-offenders who had stayed involved with Kairos (as measured by a particular metric that is perfectly clear if you're involved with Kairos but takes some explaining I don't have time to do now if you're not) for the five years the recidivism was measured over.

Regardless of the actual numbers, though, it's clear that if Kairos is in your state, it's wise for you to support it even if you don't believe in God, simply for the tax money it saves you.

Gotta scram--to a Kairos team meeting, believe it or not.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.