Print Thread
Hop To
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
BOHICA

LEGISLATIVE ALERT: Anti-Sportsman Legislation Awaiting Vote in California
In June, the California Assembly's Public Safety Committee voted to pass SB 53, anti-sportsman legislation that would establish a new government-run permitting system to regulate the purchase and sale of ammunition in the state. Now, SB 53 has moved to the Assembly Floor where it could be called up for a vote at any time.

If passed, SB 53 would require virtually anyone wishing to obtain ammo used for any purpose, even hunting and target shooting, to undergo a background check and obtain approval from the State of California. SB 53 would create a state-run database of individuals approved to purchase ammunition and authorize the California Department of Justice to create an ammunition purchase permit program requiring law abiding citizens to register and pay a fee every two years, simply for acquiring common items like shotgun shells or rifle ammo. Furthermore, SB 53 would harm small businesses and limit consumer choice by banning mail-order and internet ammunition transactions in California.

Wildlife could also suffer unintended consequences if SB 53 is signed into law. By unnecessarily making it more difficult and expensive for California's sportsmen and women to enjoy hunting and recreational shooting, SB 53 represents a direct threat to the American System of Conservation Funding. As a component of this system, revenue generated from dedicated taxes on ammunition is used to support state wildlife conservation agencies such as the California Department of Fish and Wildlife. In addition to interfering with access to and continuation of our outdoor traditions, SB 53 could ultimately result in less funding for the management of the Golden State's public wildlife resources.
- See more at: http://www.shootingwire.com/story/326826#sthash.twiUUELJ.dpuf

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Wow! That would certainly keep the bad guys from getting ammo! cool

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
liberal political stupidity never ceases to amaze me

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just outlawed the Rebel Flag there with anything State sponsored or owned.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I will just go to Arizona like everyone else I know and buy it.
That will not be for a few years tough. I have enough reloading supply's to last a while.

Our State is as stupid as it gets

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just got this in an email from the Calif Rifle & Pistol Assoc. The bill is still a piece of crap. Exempting hunters from parts of the bill to try to get this thing passed.

From the CRPA:

URGENT: This bill is in the final days of this legislative session!

We need your help to stop this anti-gun bill. Don�t forget to spread the word to fellow firearms owners and sportsmen; SHARE THIS ALERT with anyone who
can help our cause.

Your emails and phone calls have made a difference and have pushed back against SB 53!

The push now is to try to get SB 53 through by amending it to exclude licensed hunters from the ban on internet and mail order purchases of ammunition. The new amendments will still make it illegal for shooters and firearms owners to purchase ammunition by internet or mail order. Don't be fooled by this attempt to divide and conquer firearms owners and hunters! We must stand together to defeat SB 53!

Last edited by nifty-two-fifty; 08/22/14.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This is really sad. California was such a great place to live back in the 60's and 70's when I was in the service and stationed there, still not too bad when I left in '82. Hate to see what has become of it.

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
If this passes... some folks in Nevada will get rich.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are democrats behind this?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Ya think?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, of course. The state government of California is completely controlled by the Democrats. As liberal as our Governor Jerry Brown is, he is just about the least liberal of them all. He actually does veto a lot of the worst liberal laws that make it to his desk.

Nifty-250

Yogi Berra
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Ya think?

I just thought I'd put the word democrat on the page. I didn't see it anywhere. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a 50/50 chance that Gov. Brown would veto this law if it passes. But we can't count on it. Our best chance of having stupid laws like this not get passed is if they will cost the state money. California is basically broke and many proposed laws languish in limbo because of lack of funding.

Nifty-250

Yogi Berra
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Wow! That would certainly keep the bad guys from getting ammo! cool
The real purpose is to drive the conservatives from the state so the California would forever remain a progressive fascists totalitarian state.

[Linked Image from ]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Against all popular belief, there is no super majority amongst the public as to party affiliation. In fact only about 13% stands between the Democrats and the Republicans... also its a fact that both parties are in a steady decline! In fact all parties are in a steady decline in the state, all while there is a steady increase of registered voters, as also is the population growth! The only group of registered voters that is seeing an increase, is those registered to vote and have become disenfranchised with all parties and have registered as "Decline to State" and do not associate themselves with any party. And vote accordingly! And these voters could easily be swayed either way but are going to vote for who they see as best qualified.

Phil

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
such things tend to not be able to survive restraint of trade issues. Probably end in the Supreme Court.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Fucgging Duh!

Last edited by calikooknic; 08/23/14.

Sean

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 69 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.