-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't speak for College Station, but think of it like this.

You've got ten guys to a shift, working ten hour days. Actual time on the street if you're not counting eating and training and paperwork and loading up cars and getting gas and donuts....roughly eight hours.

During that eight hours for a busy shift you might take 15 calls for an evening / swing shift.

15 calls X 10 cops X 4 days a week = 600 calls per week

And McDonald's accounted for ONE of them.

And that's only ONE shift. You've still got three other days in the week and 14 other hours in the day where calls are coming in.

So for 1/3 of the cops in the department, working 4/7 of the week, McDonalds accounted for 1/600th of their call volume.

For a busy shift here it's not uncommon at all to have twenty something calls holding, just waiting on a cop to get free. And it'll be like that for an entire ten hour shift. I've seen over forty calls get backed up.

So when you spend forty hours a week with twenty calls waiting on you to take them, ONE call a week at McDonalds tends to get lost in the shuffle.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

But in all fairness Blue, if you counted the complaints by customers disgruntled and disgusted with the food your lot would be parked on site 24/7.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
Q. I HAVE HEARD THAT MAYONNAISE CAUSES FOOD POISONING. IS THIS TRUE?
A. No. Commercial mayonnaise and mayonnaise-type dressings are carefully prepared under strict quality controls. These commercial products contain pasteurized eggs that are free of Salmonella and other dangerous bacteria. Additional ingredients such as vinegar and lemon juice create a high-acid environment that slows, even stops, bacterial growth. Salt is also an important ingredient in commercial mayonnaise that contributes to the unfavorable environment for bacteria.
Q. WHAT HAPPENS IF I LEAVE MAYONNAISE UNREFRIGERATED FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME?
A. From a food safety standpoint, commercial mayonnaise and mayonnaise-type dressings are perfectly stable when stored at room temperature after opening. Quality, not safety, is the only reason the labels on these products suggest that they be refrigerated after opening. Refrigeration ensures that the commercial mayonnaise keeps its fresh flavor for a longer period of time.

Makes sense. Commercial meyo does stay good in the fridge for an amazingly long time, even after opening it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Whereas donut shops accounted for two hundred forty-seven.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
Never heard a word about the heinous murder of these two young men in any of my news outlets here in the Midwest until I read this thread.
Today and for a week running the 2nd place finish of some local jigaboo team from Chitcongo is all the �news?..... yawn
We have a controlled media with a political and brainwashing agenda. You're not supposed to get the message that blacks are dangerous. As to them, the only message permissible is that they are victims of whites. Any story that supports the latter will be widely and frequently reported on.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by CCCC
Thanks for being "candid" Fireball. Very interested in how Bart replies.

It doesn't matter how anyone replies. Logic is lost on these clowns.
Ain't that the truth.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Originally Posted by slumlord
Just an observation: where were the police when loiterers swell to these numbers? Just a vigilant patrol would notice 400 neegars at 2am in one spot it usually has the potential energy for any number of bad things

But then again, I see police drive passed motorists trying to change tires, motorists broke down, cars at red lights flicking cig butts out, kids jumpin around in back seats and cops driving along with them in the same flow of traffic.

Police I see (and I'm always watching) ARE NOT watching. I honestly don't know wtf they are doing. And just whom it is they actually serve.

What you are seeing is actually about the only way cops in some areas avoid the media circus such as what occured in Ferguson. A LOT of cops do not do any pro-active(as in stopping when they see something and taking action)work. They respond to radio calls for assistance only. Playing defense. Stopping to tell some schhhitbag to get the hell out of the middle of the street ended up with a dead schhhitbag and complete chaos. If the officer was RESPONDING to a complaint, the entire dynamic changes.
I see the point you make. Makes sense.
Absolutely..

But have we as a society and the police included, just conceded defeat to these mobs?
No, they've conceded to the PC crowd - they don't wanna be called 'racists', doncha know..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The blacks I met in africa were an entirely different species than ours.

Well, for one thing, being black in of itself ain't an issue....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Whereas donut shops accounted for two hundred forty-seven.....

Exactly. And we're SURE not gonna be shutting those down.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
How many Campfire members have you met in person?

I do not ever recall meeting any other members, does that mean I no longer exist.

Or does it mean that none of you exist.

GUS...help me out here!
Does anyone know for sure?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

P.S. Where should I send the photo of my penis???

Just in case anyone thinks they are packing...

One penis, four heads, tough act to follow...

[Linked Image]

I did used to tell the Africans in my village that all White men had two penises which is why we were so smart, but I dunno of they believed me.

Birdwatcher

edited in to add...

Obruninaah wu wo mienu ("All white men, we have two")

Next up... "Whats a nice girl like you doing in a place like this" and "We've just met but I feel like I've known you all my life".

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JSTUART
How many Campfire members have you met in person?

I do not ever recall meeting any other members, does that mean I no longer exist.

Or does it mean that none of you exist.

GUS...help me out here!
Does anyone know for sure?

Well, I figured if anyone could work their way around the questions it would be Gus.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
200 calls in 3 years seems like a lot to me.

But then, its not the cops problem, its McDonalds problem. That's why they were found liable.

The problem started with McDonalds management, compounded with a couple kids making a really stupid decision, and ended in tragedy for a couple families.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I can't speak for College Station, but think of it like this.

You've got ten guys to a shift, working ten hour days. Actual time on the street if you're not counting eating and training and paperwork and loading up cars and getting gas and donuts....roughly eight hours.

During that eight hours for a busy shift you might take 15 calls for an evening / swing shift.

And that's only ONE shift. You've still got three other days in the week and 14 other hours in the day where calls are coming in.

So for 1/3 of the cops in the department, working 4/7 of the week, McDonalds accounted for 1/600th of their call volume.

For a busy shift here it's not uncommon at all to have twenty something calls holding, just waiting on a cop to get free. And it'll be like that for an entire ten hour shift. I've seen over forty calls get backed up.

So when you spend forty hours a week with twenty calls waiting on you to take them, ONE call a week at McDonalds tends to get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks for a thoughtful response Blue. I guess it's all perspective.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can have this one Blue.
I'm not in the mood for his brand of idiocy this evening.
Good night.

Yeah, you lost me when you got all philosophical with the fart in the wind stuff. Whew, went right by me. Thanks for going easy on me.

You have a nice day and try not to break off your training wheels huh?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have no credibility here.
You might think that you do but you don't.
You are a nameless,faceless fool that,for some unknown reason,thinks that you contribute to the Campfire.
Your post count means little to those of us that call the 24HourCampfire our internet home.
You seem to think this is a sandbox that you can crap all over and it's no big deal. You are wrong.
The reasons that you come here and the reasons I come here are completely different,as I pointed out above.
Until you realize that this place is something special,you'll never fit in. You'll continue being a fart in the wind.
That's as clear as I can be and I hope you learn to respect the fact that the Campfire isn't your personal litter box.

I don't, in the least, know the guy he is addressing but have I missed something? Has this fellow been appointed to some special Campfire role annointing him with superior discernment and declaratory status???

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bart's the head cheerleader.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Just in case anyone thinks they are packing...

One penis, four heads, tough act to follow...

[Linked Image]

Dude!!! Look at that little [bleep](ker!!!! He's fuggin got a smirk goin on!!! eek

Did the handler maybe give him one of those "happy Ending" massages???

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Nope... Honesty is the right answer.

One thing I've learned with your type, it don't matter the question or the answer, logic plays no part.

I have met a dozen or so, off the top of my head. No I will not list them for you. I've hosted them on hunts, dinners, things like that. Just had Angus1895 and his wife over for a bitchin ribeye BBQ and a bear hunt as a matter of fact. We passed up a pretty nice red and blonde bear, had John shaking his head at me I think! grin

Yes, you finally badgered me into giving you an answer. Yes, I hate myself for caving. grin

With some people, FOAD is your friend.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, Algotguns, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.