Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Justice was served.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Yep you know what they say about fish keeping their mouth shut. Glad to see the proper verdict.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I'm guessing that guy didn't talk to police without an attorney.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by eyeball
Now how in heck did he get the job done, get rid of the gun, and defeat powder residue tests?

I can't help wondering whether some evidence went the route of Lois Lerner's emails... or was never collected? That's an entertaining thought.

But this does partially illustrate the great disparity between individual states and how use of deadly force is handled by their respective judicial systems. If this case had occurred in, say, California or Mass. or a number of other liberal states, I suspect there would have been a different outcome. Since I happily relocated to Texas, I've marveled at the number of news stories I see on fatal shootings which end with the words, "No charges will be filed," in circumstances that would almost certainly have landed the shooter a life sentence in those other states. It's almost like people here have -- Lord forbid -- common sense!

Y'all still can't drive worth a chit, but I digress.

I guess the salient point of this is: If you absolutely, positively have to shoot someone, it's probably best to do so in Texas.

I'm proud to call it home.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
This^^^

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"---the lawyers managed to create enough ambiguity that pushed a conviction out of reach."
Lousy and biased reporting. The defense lawyers did not "create" the ambiguity - the ambiguity always existed in the context of the law. It was the responsibility of the zealous attacking prosecutor to build her case on the available ("circumstantial") evidence and she failed. Poor judgement/performance by a lawyer holding office.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by jdm953
All the prosecutor had was a daydream.Takes more than that to win.

Gotta remember...a Grand Jury indicted the guy. They had to go forward with the case at that point.

Someone had to make the decision to present the case to the GJ.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by jdm953
All the prosecutor had was a daydream.Takes more than that to win.

Gotta remember...a Grand Jury indicted the guy. They had to go forward with the case at that point.

Someone had to make the decision to present the case to the GJ.

Nope. Every homocide must go to the Grand Jury in Texas.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"to present" - even as a homicide?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but every time a person is killed by another in Texas, it has to go before a Grand Jury.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
every time a person is killed by another in Texas, it has to go before a Grand Jury.

Fairly big blanket, there. Not arguing at all - but just seeking clarity. Does that include killed by another due to a vehicle/traffic event, killed by another due to farm/construction mishap, armed intruder killed inside a home by defensive homeowner, perp killed by a policemen in the line of duty, drug/gang person found killed, including bullet holes, on some remote ranch, etc. "Every"? "Has to"?

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

414 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 264mag, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 37 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,411
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.