Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Looking good! Glad to see that stock on a 300 WSM again.

I always liked the picture of your rifle in this stock with the mountain and forest in the background..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It centered up very well too. Here's how she looks all done:

Just glass bedded the tang and recoil lug on this one because the full length receiver takes longer and I don't really see any benefit on a good solid micky. This one is also freefloated all the way to the recoil lug (see dollar bills folded in half):

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'll bet this thing still shoots to the same poa as the wood stock. Shouldn't even have to touch the turrets.. wink

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pulled out the 20 dollar bills... We got it your a big money hustler

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha...Yeah right. Did you show this rifle to your daughter yet?

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No not yet if she's sees it she will want one smile I really need to find her a good model 70 in a 7-08 or 270.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Or a 243. Don't you have tons of good model 70's you can give her? If you want my XTR, you can buy that from me. I was trying to get my 15 year old daughter interested in shooting, but no go. I was hoping she would like the XTR, but she's just not into guns...

[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Or a 257 Roberts!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yes sir...

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Or a 243. Don't you have tons of good model 70's you can give her? If you want my XTR, you can buy that from me. I was trying to get my 15 year old daughter interested in shooting, but no go. I was hoping she would like the XTR, but she's just not into guns...

[Linked Image]

Mine are all magnums so I need to find a non magnum for her. That's to bad on your daughter my daughter likes to hang out and hunt but she is turning more and more into a girl frown

Is that the pushfeed 270 you bought awhile back? I found with daughter she likes that muddy girl Camo so when I do, do something I will get something like that done. But in blue and white.

Last edited by 79S; 10/02/14.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Maybe she would like this one?

[Linked Image]

That started life as a classic stainless BOSS in .243. I had a new 243 barrel installed, found a youth stock, sanded it down, glass bedded it, stained it pink, finished it, checkered it, and mounted a Vortex Crossfire 2x7x32. It is for my 7 year old daughter. She picked out the stain, helped design the checkering panel, and she loaded the rounds for development.

here she is testing it out. It still is just a might too long for her, but by next year it should fit her well.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That's cute!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by EricM
Lookin' good!!! smile

Yeah, but does she shoot? grin .. Eric, a friend of mine sat down to shoot this rifle a few months ago and in the sitting position, shot a 3/4" 3 shot group sick.. He's an aerospace engineer and begged me to sell this thing to him after firing it. He also made me shoot that load over his chrono because he thought it would show some good numbers. I think the SD was 9 or something like that. His chrono is way fancier than mine and it was an eye opener. I'm thinking this thing will still shoot good with this micky wink

3/4" while sitting... cool cool

How's the hunting going...? Are you seeing anything out there?

Eric

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
743 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 09wingates, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 204guy, 75 invisible), 2,895 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,589
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.