-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Before I ever had kids, I imagined the day I'd take my son on his first rifle hunt. Here are some pics from his first hunt.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Little brother was as excited as big brother.

[Linked Image]
They even helped me with the butchering.

[Linked Image]

Here's the little write up I did over on my blog if you are interested: http://wp.me/p3bCKM-ql

When did you go on your first rifle hunt?

�Some people hear their own inner voice with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy�or they become legend."--Jim Harrison

www.doing-manly-things.com
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats cool.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice. smile

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Awesome Andy, thanks for sharing that. Give the boy a big pat on the back for me.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Outstanding Sir.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good job Pop. I like the one where he has his foot on it and he is flexing, classic manchild behavior. Lol

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Congratulate the lad for me Andy.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
My son's first piggy.
He don't look like that anymore. He's taller than me now but I'll never forget that hunt.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good job, Andy! You should both be proud!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations to your son.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Of all the things I remember, hunts with my dad and my son, I remember the best. Much to be taught and much to be learned. It should be as mandatory as owning a gun.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the kudos gents. I enjoyed the hunt a bunch.

�Some people hear their own inner voice with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy�or they become legend."--Jim Harrison

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is great! Glad to see you are raising him right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations to you and your son, Andy.

My 8 year old son and I are gearing up for his first hunt in a week and a half. It'll take place the weekend of the 20th and 21st when our state has it's youth deer hunt.

He's been practicing with my Ruger compact .223 and doing pretty well. He's handling the rifle well, working the bolt and safety all on his own. He even loads the gun himself, making sure to slide each round to the rear of the magazine after he pops it past the feed lips.

My only real concern is how he'll react if he gets a chance to kill one. He's a pretty tender hearted lad and I'd hate for him to be turned off to hunting forever by killing a deer before he's emotionally ready.

Again, congrats to you and your son, Andy. I always enjoy the Tremendous Whatnot blog, even following you on FB. Looks like you and your boys have a ball enjoying the outdoors.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks Scott! The reason for my blog, besides just liking to write, is to inspire others to foster the love of hunting and fishing in the next generations.

Good luck with you and your son's hunt. I'd have him watch a few hunting shows with you before hand, to get him acquainted with where meat comes from. Also, if he hesitates and decides he doesn't want to shoot one, its all right. The experience is what counts. He will come around.

Be sure to let us know how the hunt goes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AndySpencer
Thanks Scott! The reason for my blog, besides just liking to write, is to inspire others to foster the love of hunting and fishing in the next generations.

Good luck with you and your son's hunt. I'd have him watch a few hunting shows with you before hand, to get him acquainted with where meat comes from. Also, if he hesitates and decides he doesn't want to shoot one, its all right. The experience is what counts. He will come around.

Be sure to let us know how the hunt goes.

He's helped me with gutting the last couple deer I've shot, mostly just holding the deer's legs out of the way and watching. Last year while watching he mentioned that it was too bad we had killed a wild animal. I explained to him all the reasons we hunt, population control of the animals being one of the biggest. He was silent for a minute and then said, "I wish I could go deer hunting". smile

I think he'll be alright, but like you said, if he decides not to pull the trigger he'll get no pressure or grief from me.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Way to go Andy.

I have some fond memories of my dad and uncles who took me hunting.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,193 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,741
Posts18,457,686
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.