"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Grew up on a dairy farm. Lived on the stuff. It was food. Last year or so I've cut way back, trying to lose weight. We now go through about a gallon a week. My wife said this morning that when I was using heavy I was drinking a gallon a day.

I LOVE milk. 'Specially with chocolate chip cookies. wink

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, that moo juice will really put the pounds on a Cookie Monster. whistle

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When I was in my 20s milk made my stomach hurt really bad but I loved it. Now I can drink it and it doesn't bother me at all, but I can take it or leave it, unless I'm eating something real sweet and thats what i want to drink with it.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I go through about a gallon a week myself. When I was growing up in the 50's we lived about a mile from my Grandpa who owned a dairy and mom would get raw milk from him. She would bring it home and let I sit for a couple of hours and then pour off a couple on inches of cream from the top to use for coffee or cereal. Once we were visiting my uncle in town and stayed for lunch and was served store bought milk. I thought it was bad and wouldn't drink it.
Doc

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson, 1776
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DocFoster
I go through about a gallon a week myself. When I was growing up in the 50's we lived about a mile from my Grandpa who owned a dairy and mom would get raw milk from him. She would bring it home and let I sit for a couple of hours and then pour off a couple on inches of cream from the top to use for coffee or cereal. Once we were visiting my uncle in town and stayed for lunch and was served store bought milk. I thought it was bad and wouldn't drink it.
Doc
I can't much drink pasteurized milk anymore either. Tastes like boiled milk.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is what milk was made for - accompanying a big batch of fresh baked deliciousness. In this case it's right out of the oven oatmeal scotchies which, despite the less than manly name, is pretty close to heaven on earth for taste buds. Basically it's just one big oatmeal butterscotch chip cookie. I doubt this batch will live to see the light of day tomorrow... grin

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That looks great, Jim. Care to share the recipe? Pretty please? smile

Send it to me via pm if you don't want all these uncircumcised Philistines to have it. laugh

Last edited by MColeman; 09/18/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here ya go, Mickey.

http://www.food.com/recipe/nestle-oatmeal-scotchies-20376

Or you can look on the back of a pack of Nestle's Butterscotch Morsels, that's where I got the recipe but it's identical to what's in the link. Only difference I do is to put in a whole teaspoon of ground cinamon to give it a little spicier flavor. It says to bake the panful for 18-22 minutes, I bake them the minimum 18 minutes so they're a little less crispy and more chewy. Also you can substitute chocolate chips for a little different taste, it's all good!

I've already finished off a whole row of those and three glasses of milk since I posted that pic a while ago. (burp!) grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PS Don't worry about the Philistines, only true connysewers of fine eats who can do more than open a bag of Doritos will bother with these, anyway. wink

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Here ya go, Mickey.

http://www.food.com/recipe/nestle-oatmeal-scotchies-20376

Or you can look on the back of a pack of Nestle's Butterscotch Morsels, that's where I got the recipe but it's identical to what's in the link. Only difference I do is to put in a whole teaspoon of ground cinamon to give it a little spicier flavor. It says to bake the panful for 18-22 minutes, I bake them the minimum 18 minutes so they're a little less crispy and more chewy. Also you can substitute chocolate chips for a little different taste, it's all good!

I've already finished off a whole row of those and three glasses of milk since I posted that pic a while ago. (burp!) grin

[Linked Image]

Thanks, Jim. You need to listen to a sermon on the sin of gluttony now, since you didn't offer us any. smile
The recipe calls for flour but doesn't specify plain or self-rising. Which do you use?

Last edited by MColeman; 09/18/14.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I love cold milk. Now I limit my intake to using it on cold cereal when I don't cook breakfast. If I drink more than a glassful I have reaction. Milk makes me fart.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The back of the butterscotch bag just calls for all-purpose flour. I use either Pillsbury's Best or Gold Medal All Purpose. But you can try either self-rising or plain to see what happens. It's not going to ruin the goodness but the texture might come out funny. I probably shouldn't admit this on a he-man website but I like to bake stuff like this and give it away, and often try different ingredients just to see what will happen. I tried using some cake flour once to see if it would make them lighter or more cake like but it just made them more crumbly.

A sermon on gluttony probably wouldn't hurt but I'm not sure how effective it would be. wink I usually take most of it into work or tonight I took about half the pan to a local restaurant that is staffed by a bunch of young women in their late teens to early twenties. Not like I plan to date any of them at this age but it sure makes them smile to see me walk in the door with a plateful of these and I always get great service there. smile

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You're a sly old fox, you are. wink I fix lunch for the crew at my vet's office about once a month or so. They all love me. smile When my first wife was in the hospital having Michael, my son, I baked the nurses a sour cream cake and carried it to them. I am much the same way as you it seems. We'd probably make a good team, Jim. smile

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 38 invisible), 1,936 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,464
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.