Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
With Hawking's discoveries, we know that things do and can escape "black holes". This stuff is called Hawking Radiation.

Because I cannot rule out the Big Bang "singularity" similarities with "black hole" singularities, I wonder if what the Big Bang emitted was this Hawking Radiation stuff...

Physicist do say that Hawking Radiation is unlike anything else....

When you start talking about black holes and their relationship to Universes (plural), you are opening up a whole new can of worms.

In simplest terms, the Universe consists of three things, Matter, energy, and space/time. However, we know that E=MC^2, so matter is just a phase of energy. Therefore the entire universe is made up of two sides of an equation, E=Space/Time.
Now where E is positive, and Space/time is it's negative counter part, we end up with a universe with net zero energy, which would be consistent with the laws of the conservation of energy.

When we contemplate a black hole, it is a massive reservoir of negative energy (by convention, gravitational energy is negative), Now for hawking radiation to escape a black hole, the total energy of the system (mass is a for of positive energy) must approach zero, with a slightest of edges going to the positive energy. As the Hawking's radiation escape, some mass is lost, and with it some negative potential energy (lost gravity). This process continues all the way down to planck scale, so the blackhole never losses it's Event Horizon, nor reaches a point here E exceeds Gravity enough to cause the system to enter a re-inflationary stage. However if it did reach a re inflationary state, it could create some interesting possibilities. The density of a black hole warps time and space. So what happens when this containment is lost?
Radiation begins to leave at the speed of light. As the mass of the blackhole shrinks space expands. As light moves through this rapidly expanding, unwarping, space, this light could be perceived as changing it's position at a rate faster then the cosmic speed limit. All that stuff crushed together at near infinite pressures, would it once again be reduces to form of primary particles? Primary particles, space and time expanding faster then the speed of light, could this be what the early universe looked like?

Hmmmm, Einstein..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Yes there is evidence...

cool! I'll have to look into it.

Thanks for brining it up

Hmmmm, Einstein.. with training wheels..

Alabama not ready for an Einstein just yet.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This experiment showed that matter only exists as a result of observation. I still don't understand how observation creates matter, only that it does.

Not only does observation create matter, but it gives that matter a history and a backstory. Crazy!
So, I'm running at top speed with my eyes closed. There is a large tree in my path. Since I have my eyes closed, I do not observe it so it doesn't really exist and I can keep running straight. If I open my eyes and observe it, it becomes matter and I run into it and badly damage myself.

This gives credibility to those who can text while driving. If they don't observe the car ahead, it doesn't exist they can't hit it. Texting while driving is safe driving.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Observing isn't equivalent to vision. Unfortunely, those electromagnetic forces are still going to apply, eyes closed or not.

And there is even more esoteric things out there, like whatever dark matter is, which gravity proves exists, but not what it is, and dark energy, which expansion speed of the universe suggests, based on current measurements.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I didn't read this thread, just the first post. Maybe someone already posted this from Romans.

"God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
I didn't read this thread, just the first post.

I can tell.

Originally Posted by Ringman
Maybe someone already posted this from Romans.

"God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist."

Not posted. Until yours, all of the posts had actually been relevant to the topic.

John

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by nighthawk
It is only when some classical object such as the photon passing through a wine glass, water, or a sensor, that causes it to slow below the full speed of C that time actually passes for the photon, causing it to move from a timeless state, to a state of existing in time.

So, can a photon actually slow below the full speed of light (in vacuo) or is it that the propagation through a media appears to be at less than C?

Only through media is my understanding.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
speed of light in air, water, diamond, etc. is slower then in vacuum. Known as index of refraction and is why when you look at a fish in water, it's real location is different then what you see, or something in the water looks like it is bend at the surface.

It is the factor of how much light is slowed down. Also, particles, like an electron, can go faster then the speed of light in some medium, like water. Just can't go faster then speed of light in a vacuum.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by GeoW
Yes there is evidence...

Thanks for brining it up

I never would have guessed...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only through media is my understanding.

A little bit of a conundrum there. A photon hits glass, for some reason instantly slows down, then goes instantly back to full speed when leaving glass. Perhaps the photon gets absorbed by an electron in a glass molecule raising the electron to a higher energy state. Then a tiny bit later an identical photon is emitted by the electron when it falls back to a lower state. So propagating through the glass it seems like one photon slowing down and speeding up, no?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
Yes there is evidence...

Thanks for brining it up

You're right, we've moved on. Relativity is old. It doesn't work in the Quantum world. The quantum world does apply to the macro - world though

http://www.popsci.com/science/artic...ap-in-the-scale-of-quantum-entanglement-

The best that Einstein could do was call it spooky...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (16Racing, 163bc, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,673
Posts18,456,052
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.