Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
You'd've loved Frank C. Everybody at the University of Alaska in the late 1950s loved guileless, friend-of-everybody, scatter-brained Frank.

He had a single room in the rear of the temporary dorm when a more desirable room became vacant across the hall. He started moving across the hall as haphazardly as he tackled everything else � move a few things, then go over to the Student Union for a shake, a couple of games of pool, and of course a while chinning with whomever else happened to be there.

After a few days of such interruptive intervals, he forgot which way he was moving � and moved back into his old room.

He sent his laundry out in an unsorted heap and when it came back, he "drawered" it � still unsorted � randomly in several bureau drawers � a randomly scooped armload in this drawer, an armload in that drawer, etc.

The day that he was moving OUT for good � leaving � he had several big cardboard boxes here and there all around the room, and was packing them the same way � an armload in this box, an armload in that box, etc.

In the middle of this "procedure," he stopped suddenly, looked around at all the chaos, and muttered,

"A man's a slave to his goddam possessions."

laugh laugh laugh

I would have loved the guy!

As you might well know, letting go of possessions that are not really needed is a wonderfully freeing exercise. wink

had the same sorta thought when packing up my stuff to leave Darla....after the important stuff like my guns and the rare books i was standing around looking at what was left to pack up.....started shaking my head and my brother asked what was wrong and i said, its chit....its all just chit and easily replaced chit at that....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
For now it means no more gatherings. The school at the farm had kind of made that no longer an option as it takes up almost all the farm.

Thanks Mark. I will be keeping the travels updated.

Headed out to the ferry is a few minutes, then once across the water a ten minute walk to Amtrack. Will be in Canby, OR this evening.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by safariman

I guess this means no more 24hrcf gatherings at your place.
MARK

If someone could persuade his daughter to join the Campfire, We could at least see some more pictures now and then.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by manydogs

MARK

If someone could persuade his daughter to join the Campfire, We could at least see some more pictures now and then.
By my read of the thread, Scott's still gonna live there. Maybe just not as often. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by manydogs

MARK

By my read of the thread, Scott's still gonna live there. Maybe just not as often. wink

reading comprehension, aint it grand grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
As you might well know, letting go of possessions that are not really needed is a wonderfully freeing exercise.

So true.

"It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly." --Thoreau

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
� "It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly." � Thoreau

"I'd rather sit alone on a pumpkin than crowded on a velvet cushion." � attributed to Thoreau

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by antlers
� "It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly." � Thoreau

"I'd rather sit alone on a pumpkin than crowded on a velvet cushion." � attributed to Thoreau

I'm betting ol' Henry David never had a hot date next to him on a couch, velvet or otherwise. Just sayin'...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 28 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,368
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.