-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems like most boats one sees out there are mostly just used to puddle around on weekends. OTOH I suspect your'n is gonna be worked to the max to the limits of its design specs.

Congrats cool

What's the chances of motoring that thing down here to the Gulf anyways? Is there some sort of "econo cruise mode"?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cool good luck with the rig Gary.
I think I've seen that boat ET in the Fishers Is. Race a long time ago

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Very cool, Leighton!

I do have to disagree about leaving the rods behind. Kind of like taking a rifle for a walk in the woods but leaving the ammo at home. Even if it's not hunting season, there's just something missing. grin

Bon voyages, Mon Ami!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats!

Nothing like a maiden voyage, and you'll have plenty of opportunities to wet a line.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations! I have to say I envy you. I love boats and the ocean, but it's pretty hard to consummate that love here at 5,000 feet in Nevada. grin

I once got to haul my seaworthy boats over the hill and to Bodega Bay, but gas prices put the kibosh on it, and I get seasick with my bad ears these last few years. So, I look forward to your reports and photos more and more here. Keep them coming! cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sweet boat L, congrats to you and the little lady.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats Captain Gari !!!

I'm soo jealous.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thanks to all for the well wishes. I hope and trust we have both the health and freedom to enjoy our watery chariot for many years to come. Already we've started making good memories on her, and as this is the vessel I caught my first tuna ever aboard her, more than a decade ago, figure the fishy karma is there too. wink

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
KG: I usually enjoy your posts�but this one�.taking out a boat and NOT fishing!

WTF?

wink

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Leighton, once again you show that you truly know who to live life. My best wishes for many years of enjoyment with the boat. Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Beautiful boat!

Congrats to you and your lady!

I gotta ask about the ET though? Looks like a custom built boat?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
100% cool! Enjoy!!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking great L. Can't wait to see the pics of your fish on the deck.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Very, very cool Leighton!
I'm certain you will put that fishing machine to proper use in the years to come.

I've spent many days fishing on the Great Lakes, and just a little in the salt in Alaska.
I'd love to try some of that Atlantic Ocean fishing someday.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ingwe
KG: I usually enjoy your posts�but this one�.taking out a boat and NOT fishing!

WTF?

wink

I know, I know. Trust me, it pained me to not even try to get a fish to chew, but for a rare occasion tried to do soimething smart wink and chose to concentrate on running the boat exclusively rather than risk disaster. I had a vision of us hooking a giant bass, and me leaving the helm to tear the rod out of the lassie's hands, and not paying enough attention to the giant granite blocks running along the mouth of the mighty Merrimack. It would have been an inauspicious beginning running aground on the first outing. I think I made a smart call, and rare though it is, am OK with it. Disappointing the GP has me hanging my head in shame, though... wink

Thanks to you and all the other lads who chimed in with the congrats and support.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK then�

Next post I expect to see massive fish, bloody decks and awesome food pics! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Nice thread!

At first, I thought it was going to be about the ill fated Minnow .... laugh

Mary Ann was on FOX and Friends this morning...looking good..

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ingwe
OK then�

Next post I expect to see massive fish, bloody decks and awesome food pics! grin

I will do my very best to abide by your wishes, Mr. G. Poobs. wink

Mary Ann was always where it was at as far as the gang on the Minnow. I wouldn't have booted Ginger out of the hammock, mind, but anyone not seeing that Mary Ann was the true prize couldn't see the trees for the palm fronds and coconuts. smile

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Beautiful boat!

Congrats to you and your lady!

I gotta ask about the ET though? Looks like a custom built boat?

Not positive on the make, but looks like a Carolina style express rig to me. That's a LOT of boat.

Birdy, my rig, assuming flattish seas and a cooperative wind has an approximate range of 300 miles. I've never been out on any long distance interstate runs, and likely won't, but have friends who have.

There are more than a few guys with the sufficient bucks (read as lots) to have skippers for hire run their rigs from FL to New England and vice versa every season. Fish up here early June-September or October or thereabouts, then hire a guy to run it back down for good fishing down that way from October-May. Then back up. Some only run as far down as the Carolinas, where there is often a monster winter bite for giants.

Nice to have a few bucks, and the time to fish year round up and down the eastern seaboard, I guess. wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 35 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,625
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.