Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I am saving less money every year. I believe it's from inflation. I am still investing some though, mostly a stock with a ticker FKINX. Does anyone think this is a good stock? I ask cause saving is a great idea,,,, putting it in the right places is key. Where are you posters putting your money? That is very important.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ihookem
Where are you posters putting your money? That is very important.

Hookers and cocaine

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
There are plenty of folk who stayed healthy, worked hard, and educated themselves best they could. They don't all have a net worth worth mentioning. Providence and luck absolutely play a role. To deny that is arrogant almost beyond belief.

Absolutely! We grew up being Dad's 'bank' for the very modest older used cars he drove. (We boys had modest savings banked from hiring out as farm labor while Dad kept food on the table and JC Penney discount clothes on the five of us sons.) He literally had no savings accumulated and it wasn't until we were out of the house and he had retired that he and Mom managed to save. I had no idea that he had managed to bank a couple hundred thousand on a modest pension. They never splurged - although Dad did buy a brand new car - with cash- after we were all on our own. It was a Chev Cavalier wagon that gave him 200K miles and is still going though they are both gone.

All this talk about how easy it is to save makes me wonder why more companies and institutions aren't offering their employees great pension plans these days.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
There are plenty of folk who stayed healthy, worked hard, and educated themselves best they could. They don't all have a net worth worth mentioning. Providence and luck absolutely play a role. To deny that is arrogant almost beyond belief.

No providence here. When I hired into the refinery in NorCal after graduating college my pay was exactly the same as my dear Father's, a 38 year union hating scaffold builder. From there it was my choices and capacity, not my "luck". The real sob stories do exist and, in fact, I support many with funds but for 95% of folks they just need to get off their azz and go for it. I have had a few Vietnamese neighbors that can tell their story.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
No providence here. ...it was my choices and capacity, not my "luck".

Providence and luck absolutely play a role. To deny that is arrogant almost beyond belief.

Jahrs posted on another thread today that his best friend just died from brain cancer, leaving a wife and child. Really bad things happen to people through no fault of their own. These kinds of things happen to people just like you EdM every single day. If something catastrophic like that never happens to you (and I hope it doesn't)...it won't be because of your "choices and capacity"...it'll be because of providence and luck.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Bingo antlers......a majority of things that happen to us in life; are not because of what we do....but in spite of it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My observation, in all honesty, is just the converse.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My life experience's have been consistent with BBG's post.
I have been around plenty Like EDm and Calvin, hell my family thinks like them!
For every self made wealthy man I have known there has been dozens who have worked like dogs and been thrifty there whole life and have modest success at best.

In my world all hard work got me was more hard work.
It wasn't until I lived like a very poor person for many years and saved the majority of my pay check, then rolled the dice and invested did I become successful.
If my investment would have failed, more than likely I would have spent the rest of my years poor. I was "all in" so to speak.

I am just a coupe of years shy of being a "boomer" and to honest many of my peer's feel the boomers have gone through the economy like a swarm of locust, and left little except debt and oppressive government for us.

That being said the only way I know to succeed is hard work and smart investing and a huge dose of luck!

As others have said it's best to show appreciation rather than arrogance for your good fortunes.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (300_savage, 264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 1,512 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,435
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.