g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Retired cat herder.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Levar Jones didn't receive proper medical care at Palmetto Health Richland, lawyer says

Yeah, there's a credible source.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
It does not matter a lick what those on officer.com have to say - that is a biased and self-serving voice - not at all viable in a specific situation like this.

I'm as far from a cop-hater as one can be - very supportive of LE in general. But, it is astounding how some will throw away all reason and common sense in knee-jerk defense of even the most egeregious bad actions by police is such situations.

The cop supposedly is WELL TRAINED and fully competent to deal with a wide variety of situations, even like this one. Folks like those on officer.com will take a position like "he is a highly trained proferssional" and, apparently, a statement like that is supposed to trump facts and reason. Such reasoning is stupid.

The cop is in a position of vastly superior power, is armed with at least one deadly weapon, and often can conjure an excuse for using deadly force. Those very facts lay upon him a vastly more serious responsibility to use great judgment, act safely and sensibly, and choose to use that deadly force very judiciously.

The issue for me is not what has, or will, happen with that LEO. The issue is that some seem to exert blind loyalty to a "brother" in the face of simple reason. Being simply a non-LEO citizen does not remove a person's ability to perceive reality and react accordingly. Likewise, being a LEO does not excuse a person who cannot do the same.

Officers always feel their lives are in danger when dealing with civilians so it was and is a good shoot.

It matters what police officers on officer.com think because only they have the experience to judge police matters and because they are police it means they have the experience to judge right or wrong on everyone else.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snyper
As stated on officer.com he should not have been fired or charged with anything. The only possible travesty in any of this is if the perp didn't get the seat belt ticket.

We get that you think yours is the only opinion that matters

My opinion is the same as your opinion and that of most officers. The trooper should be let go and rehired.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m

Police and the medical field have a good working relationship as we saw with the cavity searches that made the news in TN & NM. Why do you hate police and physicians for working together to control civilians?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My opinion is the same as your opinion

Then we both think you're clueless

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My opinion is the same as your opinion

Then we both think you're clueless

Why the insults towards me? You and I both want the trooper to be set free and returned to his job and then free to do what ever he wants again. Not sure what your problem is with me for supporting the very same people and things you support.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why the insults towards me?

Why pretend you're not just trolling?
That's an insult to most everyone's intelligence

You just look for excuses to bash the cops
It gets old fast

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Why the insults towards me?

Why pretend you're not just trolling?
That's an insult to most everyone's intelligence

You just look for excuses to bash the cops
It gets old fast

How is supporting police to not be punished for incidents and attacking anyone who opposes them operating without restraint "cop bashing" exactly? The officers on officer.com do that as do the police officers here. They aren't bashing police when they do that and neither am I.

I want this trooper to be put back on the job with back pay and free to do what made him famous everyday and twice on Sunday if he wants. Just like you do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How is supporting police to not be punished for incidents and attacking anyone who opposes them operating without restraint "cop bashing" exactly?

See my last post for an explantion
I'm done trying to have a rational discussion with you

IC B3

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
How is supporting police to not be punished for incidents and attacking anyone who opposes them operating without restraint "cop bashing" exactly?

See my last post for an explantion
I'm done trying to have a rational discussion with you

You just keep claiming I am bashing cops while I keep voicing support for incidents police openly support each other on. I haven't helped a police officer dispose of a civilian body(yet) so is that what makes you better than me?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,890 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,829
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.