-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the stock market has sucked the money out of the metals market.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
MColeman - Where do you buy your face bags from, if you don't mind me asking?

I have a friend in town that dabbles in coins that I've known and trusted for many years. I just get my silver from him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here you go, Silver historical charts and graphs.
When the bubble burst around $48 it's been on a steady decline.

http://silverprice.org/silver-price-history.html

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I deal with a local shop that sell junk coins at spot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish the world would get some large excess volumes of copper so the price of brass ad bulets would go down.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DesertSandman

Actually, I have been reading lately that the dollar is quite strong. Yes, there may be a correction in the stock market, since it has ballooned recently, but consider how very much stronger and safer the US economy is than anywhere else. So much so that I am relocating to the US to take advantage. (Plus, my kid need to prepare for college. grin)

For you preppers, I have read that the smaller denominations of silver coins are better currency than bigger ones if everything goes to hell. What will you do with silver dollars, cut them up like piece of eight? Somewhere I have an old $20 gold piece. It is tiny, but I expect that in a dystopian depression, one could buy a car with it.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Anjin
Originally Posted by DesertSandman

Actually, I have been reading lately that the dollar is quite strong. Yes, there may be a correction in the stock market, since it has ballooned recently, but consider how very much stronger and safer the US economy is than anywhere else. So much so that I am relocating to the US to take advantage. (Plus, my kid need to prepare for college. grin)

For you preppers, I have read that the smaller denominations of silver coins are better currency than bigger ones if everything goes to hell. What will you do with silver dollars, cut them up like piece of eight? Somewhere I have an old $20 gold piece. It is tiny, but I expect that in a dystopian depression, one could buy a car with it.
Congrats on your decision. I don't like to see the US any more crowded than it is, but we can always use people with intelligence and talent. You may wish to consider staying here since even though things are not what they once were, I think you'll experience levels of security and freedom that cannot be experienced anywhere else in the developed world.

Any silver coins are great. US coinage is recognized and more acceptable to most Americans and the thought is that they would go for it more in a collapse than the more esoteric stuff. As for dollars, think about it. Today the melt price for a Morgan silver dollar is about $18. That won't even buy a tank of gas. I don't think somebody who only stocks dollars will be greatly handicapped. If one goes by the junk silver theory though, just stock the smaller denominations if it concerns you. IME the smaller stuff will have less collector's value anyway. Just about any old Morgan or Peace dollar will still bring a bit of a premium over SPOT.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 71 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.