-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ooooo....sweet. I'll bet it's a treat to put one in the FN Winchesters. No problem at all with the pre-64"a.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The MOA spring is very easy to change. The spring comes with directions and only takes a few minutes to change.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kitch
Ooooo....sweet. I'll bet it's a treat to put one in the FN Winchesters. No problem at all with the pre-64"a.

Actually there is better way to get there. All one needs to do is take bolt out and use a flat head screwdriver to adjust trigger tension screw. This can by done by hunting for old vintage CZ ZKK 600/601 (the one with pop up ghost ring in rear bridge). While later vintage rifles have same trigger adjustment ther are little more crudely finished. If you're real lucky it will come with Carl Zeiss Jena scope in one piece qd mount. The CZJ is far superior to any scope made here at that time. While not as nice as Czech sporters made at Brno (the quality took a dunk when production was moved to Uhersky Brod) these are more than a match for standard grade old Winchester. If one did not like Glockish set trigger they provided standard trigger shue replacement. Small drawback is the safety is off in rear instead of front position but it is preferable two way type ie S or F.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slavek

Actually there is better way to get there. All one needs to do is take bolt out and use a flat head screwdriver to adjust trigger tension screw. This can by done by hunting for old vintage CZ ZKK 600/601 (the one with pop up ghost ring in rear bridge). While later vintage rifles have same trigger adjustment ther are little more crudely finished. If you're real lucky it will come with Carl Zeiss Jena scope in one piece qd mount. The CZJ is far superior to any scope made here at that time. While not as nice as Czech sporters made at Brno (the quality took a dunk when production was moved to Uhersky Brod) these are more than a match for standard grade old Winchester. If one did not like Glockish set trigger they provided standard trigger shue replacement. Small drawback is the safety is off in rear instead of front position but it is preferable two way type ie S or F.

Have you seen a model 70 trigger?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have only seen pictures, but I heard it's simple & reliable. I do not feel like taking stock off my rifle. Is there a way to adjust it w/o taking stock off?

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have only seen pictures, but I heard it's simple & reliable. I do not feel like taking stock off my rifle. Is there a way to adjust it w/o taking stock off?

Uh no these arent euro trash rifles man... You have to pull them out of the stock to adjust. This is 'merica man

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

Uh no these arent euro trash rifles man... You have to pull them out of the stock to adjust. This is 'merica man

Americans made the best bolt action sporters. whistle

Please don't tell anyone I might want to get one some day and do not want others to compete with me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tell you what, if I had a spare 12 grand the owner of that rifle would be without it over night.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Value of a M70 FW? How can you put a price on them? Today I went to the range and took along my M70 FW in 7x57 with several loads. I had recently discovered I still had two boxes of old Nosler 140 gr Partition bullets left over from the 70's and decided to load some up. These groups show the worth of the M70 FW. That top group is three holes! I lowered the sights to shoot the bottom group with the 160 gr Nosler AccuBond and it did well also.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tell you what, if I had a spare 12 grand the owner of that rifle would be without it over night.

It is nicer than Oberndorf African type and more than equal to what Holland, Rigby, Westley Richards,..... used to offer therefore the asking price is actually quite reasonable.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Featherweight concept produced two outstanding Winchester products the Model 70 rifle and Model 12 shotgun. At around 6&1/2lbs the 12ga 26" 1/4 choked Featherweight was upland bird killing machine equal to legendary Ithaca 37 in every way.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

69 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 264mag, 14 invisible), 1,043 guests, and 726 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,487
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.