-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
good question.....actually not a hell of alot other than keep an eye out....maybe take a page from how China, Philippines and Canada handled SARS but alot of peoples rights are gonna get stepped on in the process.....and with our current administration chances are chit is gonna get ugly cause chances of it being used for a power play are also very high.....plus with the phugging idiots we have in charge even without doing that chances are they are gonna phug it up anyway....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
good question.....actually not a hell of alot other than keep an eye out....maybe take a page from how China, Philippines and Canada handled SARS but alot of peoples rights are gonna get stepped on in the process.....and with our current administration chances are chit is gonna get ugly cause chances of it being used for a power play are also very high.....plus with the phugging idiots we have in charge even without doing that chances are they are gonna phug it up anyway....

Well, TRH is fine with that, so why should we worry?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ob will declare marshal law, suspend the elections and continue as president.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Well, TRH is fine with that, so why should we worry?

grin

but it is interesting, how far do individual rights matter in something akin to a Spanish Flu or Black Death scenario? even in the US i have a feeling Ebola is going to be fairly easy to contain as the mobile infectious period is to damn short....but its gonna be a trial run for when something worse does hit....

and to clear the air since some cant seem to understand what i mean by easy to contain i dont mean a fair number of people wont possibly get sick....its just going to be fairly easy to identify and get those who are sick contained compared to something like SARS or Pandemic Influenza....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You might ought to look into what can be done under quarantine law here in the US. There's a lot of power available to public health departments even if they have all basically been gutted.

DocRocket has weighed in on that matter once already, but if anyone really wants to know read Betrayal of Trust. It chronicles the dismantling of an outstanding system.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MILES58
You might ought to look into what can be done under quarantine law here in the US. There's a lot of power available to public health departments even if they have all basically been gutted.

DocRocket has weighed in on that matter once already, but if anyone really wants to know read Betrayal of Trust. It chronicles the dismantling of an outstanding system.

i know, but thats not what im talking about.....im talking a pure constitutionalists interpretation like TRH preaches, atleast till ebola is knocking on his door grin hitting real world of a bug that can EASILY kill 50% of a countries population....at some point ideals likely have to go out the window....the scary thing is if it has to happen when jack arses like we currently have are the ones in power.....people both power hungry and able to phug up a wet dream with their stupidity....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
all i said was the basic symptoms, especially at the beginning are the same as 100 other things which they are....i also said he should be quarantined if he was showing said symptoms....

You say A LOT, these days.

I do appreciate you and Snyper putting my mind at ease,...

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
all i said was the basic symptoms, especially at the beginning are the same as 100 other things which they are....i also said he should be quarantined if he was showing said symptoms....

You say A LOT, these days.

I do appreciate you and Snyper putting my mind at ease,...

GTC

and with the exception of defending Mark several months back ive generally been right...unfortunately some read chit into what i say that aint there.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and as far as chit like this.....ive generally already had a conversation with someone thats dedicated their life studying these bugs ontop of my own research.....infact the guy i generally talk to would prolly cause TRH to chit himself cause he is the reason atleast some of my emails get read by big brother grin

Last edited by rattler; 09/30/14.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ya' know, there's wind, rain and fresh air right outside the door of wherever you're currently holed up.

The entire TONE of your posts would indicate that you might be well advised to PARTAKE of some of those blessings.

Putting those jerk off "smileys' into a discussion like this is just right OFF the goddam wall.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 09/30/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lack of a vehicle at the moment has me a bit stove up.....working on that end but until thenwaiting for opener to come along in a few weeks so i can go chase elk, mule deer and black bear....unfortunately my phuggin knees have made getting a regular 9-5 job near impossible so i work when i can....

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

445 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 40 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,746
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.