Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In the past I've owned more GM vehicles than any others, but between their quality problems, globalization and waste of our tax dollars, I will never purchase another.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Bump

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sickening!

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have no use for any GM product. Long gone are the days when I loved my Chevy.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just thank your government who has pushed them to do this. if they hadn't allow all the japanese junk into this country we would have never seen this.the americans that bought that junk and your government are the cause.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the root cause of the decline of the American car industry, in all fairness, rests with the manufacturers. They chose to ignore the world wide trend, and stuck with boats. Soft suspension, huge engines, crappy tires, shoddy quality control, no awareness of safety concerns, and abysmal styling.
Now, couple that with stupid things like government over regulation, rapacious union demands which drove labor costs per vehicle to the highest in the world..............
Well, you had a recipe for disaster. That said, the manufacturers did too little, and too late to rectify what they had control over.
Now, even here at home, we look at American cars as an inferior, over priced product. Millions of jobs lost throughout the automotive manufacture and supply sector.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Laffin'

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
small minds are easily amused. laugh

Seriously, you feel this is incorrect? Your take?

Sam......

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Can't see where growth for any company via globalization is a bad thing. crazy Frankly I smile every time I see a Chevy in Korea amid all of the Hyundai's and Kia's. They are the only US based car company seen there. Some folks still think Chevron and Exxon Mobil only run in the US and that Shell is a US company. Not seeing a difference here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Better go buy one of those 'foreign' Toyotas

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
We are a Global economy like it or not

And Americans take the quick buck period! Thats why the Chinese own the Chicago Skyway Take a moment and digest that.
Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 09/30/14.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by boatboy
We are a Global economy like it or not

Exactly. Work(laid off) for a global defense contractor. Its great a UK company can create a north american group for the sole purpose of gaining military contracts crazy Sucks but thats how the world rolls these days.

As far as Chevy and quality, 67000 on my Z71, no problems whatsoever. They all got problems though these days. Chevys with the ignitions, Ford just recalles how many hundreds of thousands? Toyota went through it for awhile. Theyre all over priced junk.

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trying to see why anyone would think American companies expanding overseas is bad while Americans working for foreign companies here is good?

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thats exactly what they are'foreign toyotas'

4 gm trucks sense 1977 and still driving 2 of those.

these threads are usaully started by people that could care less about america.

Last edited by srwshooter; 09/30/14.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Been a GM favoring person all of my life. Doesn't mean I won't buy anything else. I purchase based on needs and what is available.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Frankly I smile every time I see a Chevy in Korea amid all of the Hyundai's and Kia's.

Was watching a KHL (Rooskie) hockey game the other day. Two ads on the rink were in English, Lays potato chips and Chevrolet, FWIW.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by srwshooter
just thank your government who has pushed them to do this. if they hadn't allow all the japanese junk into this country we would have never seen this.the americans that bought that junk and your government are the cause.

So, the cure to what ails domestic enterprise is to restrict the free market (which Americans created), restrict citizens to only being able to buy domestically produced and inferior products, and lock out foreign competition?

That sounds exactly like what the Soviets did not too long ago.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by pahick
Theyre all over priced junk.

Especially the GM's. I knew long before the latest bailout that I'd not own another Chevy.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have no use for any GM product. Long gone are the days when I loved my Chevy.
I hear ya ... The last Chev my family had that was, at the time, a great car was a '66 wagon with a 327 in it..

Bought my first Ford in '72 and haven't looked back.. Tried one GMC in '89... Once - was enough.. Tolerated that pos for 6 months and that was the end of THAT...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,037
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.