-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Thai have teeth and it takes three of them (not one) to weigh 400 pounds?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave
I will happily visit bfr next time I'm in West Virginia.

Travis

To borrow a movie quote, "watch out for your cornhole, bud".

If you're lucky (or very unlucky) you'll get to meet Jim's biggest fan!
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
...Since I am on SS you take advantage, trying to get me there, come here....

That's a lot of whining for little trip from W Virginia to Tennessee. I'd cross three western states for such a sure thing if I had all the free time you do. Who turns down a free road-trip?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't know where in WV he is but to the closest major city, it's an 8hr drive. I'll pay him $100 just to show up.

EDIT: I looked up Jefferson County, it's 12hrs from his county seat to the hotel I'd put him in, in Savannah, TN.

Screw it, if he produces five half inch groups, not only will I pay him for them I'll buy him a non-resident hunting license and let him deer hunt a couple days. Free reign over 100acres of prime Tennessee rolling hills and mature hardwoods, surrounded by friendly neighbors and more of the same. I'll even let him sit in my favorite spot, ferry him back & forth and provide meals. Then he can not only claim to be one of the finest shooters extant but that he also killed deer somewhere other than WV. That's an all expenses paid week-long hunting/shooting extravaganza.....at a profit! As long as you don't invite the chemically-induced, comatose, shirtless midget pictured above.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CraigC
Originally Posted by deflave
I will happily visit bfr next time I'm in West Virginia.

Travis

To borrow a movie quote, "watch out for your cornhole, bud".

If you're lucky (or very unlucky) you'll get to meet Jim's biggest fan!
[Linked Image]

We have the same taste in movies.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That's $100 just to show up.

Groups are for five consecutive shots, no flyers, cherry-picking or paint cans. Whatever revolver Jim chooses with his loads. Only stipulating that it's done with a revolver, firing a revolver cartridge.

$100 per half inch 50yd group (max of 10).

$200 per half inch 100yd group [max of 5(might as well be 1000)].

Produce one at 100yds or two at 50yds and I pay ALL your expenses. Gas, food, lodging.

Produce five half inch groups at either distance and you'll get two days of guided deer hunting and I'll buy your license ($175). Last place I paid to hunt, this would've cost $1000.

He can make up to $2000 for his shooting, plus $1175 worth of hunting, food, gas and lodging. Plus a full write-up with photo proof and all the credit he would surely deserve. All he has to do is backup his claims. Should be easy for someone who has done it "hundreds of times". All cash, no bullshit. You want to quiet ALL your detractors? This is your chance. Succeed and you'll have my full support. Fail and I'll at least respect you for having the guts to try.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

That short fat whiskered midget is scary looking, for sure. I see now why he is not invited.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You would NOT want that thing after your daughter!!!

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Hell no, no way! Wouldn't want that after anything.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's $100 just to show up.

Groups are for five consecutive shots, no flyers, cherry-picking or paint cans. Whatever revolver Jim chooses with his loads. Only stipulating that it's done with a revolver, firing a revolver cartridge.

$100 per half inch 50yd group (max of 10).

$200 per half inch 100yd group [max of 5(might as well be 1000)].

Produce one at 100yds or two at 50yds and I pay ALL your expenses. Gas, food, lodging.

Produce five half inch groups at either distance and you'll get two days of guided deer hunting and I'll buy your license ($175). Last place I paid to hunt, this would've cost $1000.

He can make up to $2000 for his shooting, plus $1175 worth of hunting, food, gas and lodging. Plus a full write-up with photo proof and all the credit he would surely deserve. All he has to do is backup his claims. Should be easy for someone who has done it "hundreds of times". All cash, no bullshit. You want to quiet ALL your detractors? This is your chance. Succeed and you'll have my full support. Fail and I'll at least respect you for having the guts to try.

I'm telling ya, you need to add in a gold coin. wink

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/182519/1

Last edited by 4ager; 11/07/14.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a great uncle that took a fresh WI deer every year for MANY years with a Winchester 32-20, said it was all he needed as he had a good sneak.

No handgun hunters in my family including me.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Alright, and a gold coin! wink

Hey Jim, I saw about 12 deer from my favorite spot yesterday.

Somehow, I think my money, our deer herd and Jim's present reputation, are safe.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Crickets.

You would think that someone who whines about being on a fixed income all the time and claims to have shot "hundreds of sub half inch groups" would've jumped on this opportunity. Gets to prove himself, gain a supporter and get paid cash money for his efforts. Wonder what that means?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Don't forget that he claims to have shot 1/2" groups at 500 yards with a revolver, so 50 and 100 yards should be very easy for him.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I did find a picture of bfr shooting one of his groups. I will have to admit that I believe him now...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Still no word from the treehouse club.

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So I should take this as a no? Is it because you can't invite the fat, sister-poking midget?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Here we go again using energy as the deciding factor for killing a deer. While the 357 will work (I've done it) its really on the minimum side for deer, but again it will work. Moving up to the big three, 41, 44 & 45 they are easily able to take deer with quality hits & will almost always exit if using good ammo. Don't look for the "knock down" effect of riles, you won't usually see it, but the sixgun is deadly in the hands of good shooters. You need placement & penetration & you can punch your tag! If you need more horsepowder you can move up to the 454, 460 or the mighty 500, along with additional recoil. Shoot what you can handle & the sixgun is a great hunting weapon.

Dick

Hello Dick
I agree accuracy is Final. Regards, The General

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 71 invisible), 3,016 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,116
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.