Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I always have enjoy his music

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I also enjoy his music. Meeting him in person (twice) wasn't such a great experience, but he was an extremely talented performer.

He's now in a long-term Alzheimer's treatment facility. I wouldn't wish that on anyone or their family.

Thanks for sharing that. I hadn't heard that one.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would have liked to see him perform on his last tour, but it wasn't in the cards, (credit cards, that is).

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So long Glen. It's been good knowing you. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Wow how anyone could possible hear/see that with a dry eye is beyond me. Awesome song and great story from one of the greats.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He did a lot of hard drugs in the 70's & 80's plus he was an alcoholic, too. I always wondered if that kind of abuse leads to or makes a person more prone to have alzheimers ?

I've always enjoyed his music, and probably he was in the top 3 all time guitar greats in Country Music. Right up there with Chet Atkins & Roy Clark, talent wise.

Most people don't know that he toured with the Beach Boys when Brian Wilson had his mental break down. Also, at one time, he had played Guitar on more recorded albums than any other Musician.

He also played Guitar on the recording of the Instrumental song, "Classical Gas" .
The guy whom wrote and supposedly recorded the song, Mason Williams, was from my home town, but Glen actually layed down the tracks for the Record. He also layed down the lead guitar tracks for a lot of the Beach Boys biggest hits.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/15/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I always have enjoy his music

Me, too...OT, but I always loved Roger Miller's music, also...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
another great segment...he talks about meeting John Wayne

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Through cupped hands 'round the tin can
I pretend to hold you to my breast and find
That you're waiting from the backroads
By the rivers of my memories
Ever smilin' ever gentle on my mind

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 35 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.