Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
MOG Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I have both an Echols legend on a Model 70 and a McMillan Sako Classic on a Tikka 695. They may be able to do that on special order too. Both are great stocks but I would love to have two Echols legends instead. Here is a pic of my Tikka hope it helps.

[Linked Image]

Oh yeah there's a Tahr there to.

Regards,

Mog

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 338 Win with a McMillan Supergrade stock (top)
I also have a 300 Win and a 416 Rem with Echols Legend stocks (300 Win below)

They are both great stocks. I like the Legend for shooting offhand a little better. Shooting off sticks - they are very similar.

[Linked Image]

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I have both the supergrade (mag fill on .416 Rem) and Legend ( standard fill on a.338 Win and a Edge fill 7 Mag.) I find they both fit about the same due to grip shape and drop. But the supergrade feels clunkier and lacks the aesthetic detail of the Legend. I had the edge fill on the .338 before I moved it, and would do it again if I wanted to keep the weight down, if the barrel is no longer than about 24."

E
ejo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I spoke with Mr. Echols this morning and I placed an order for a Legend (edge shell with magnum fill). He recommended this option as it will be stiffer with the edge shell.

Great guy, really took his time with me. Thanks for all the info and I will keep you posted on how it turns out.

M
MOG Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Nice work ejo, do you mind if I ask what the expected turn around time is?

Regards,

Mog

IC B2

E
ejo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I was told 5 months or so. I expect it to deliver next April or May.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ejo
I spoke with Mr. Echols this morning and I placed an order for a Legend (edge shell with magnum fill). He recommended this option as it will be stiffer with the edge shell.

Great guy, really took his time with me. Thanks for all the info and I will keep you posted on how it turns out.

I don't think you'll have any regrets at all. I look forward to seeing the finished product. I think you made a wise decision...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MOG
I have both an Echols legend on a Model 70 and a McMillan Sako Classic on a Tikka 695. They may be able to do that on special order too. Both are great stocks but I would love to have two Echols legends instead. Here is a pic of my Tikka hope it helps.

[Linked Image]

Oh yeah there's a Tahr there to.

Regards,

Mog

Cool picture. Thanks for sharing..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Originally Posted by ejo

What are your weight goals for this rifle? I had a mag fill Legend on a 375 H&H and sold it because it was way too heavy.

E
ejo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Not really stressing over weight on this one. However, I am not looking for a 10 pound one either. Any idea on the weight of your stock? Not sure I have an option to go with a lighter fill with the 338 win.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
ejo,
I built a .375H&H without keeping an eye on weight. Ended up at 1lbs scoped. Very accurate. A pussy cat to shoot. But a bear to pack above 10K ft. If you are not happy with the Legend stock when you get it, I don't think you will have a hard time moving it down the road. Good luck with your build !

MOG,
Beautiful picture !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ejo
Not really stressing over weight on this one. However, I am not looking for a 10 pound one either. Any idea on the weight of your stock? Not sure I have an option to go with a lighter fill with the 338 win.

D'Arcy can get you one with Magnum fill on the action, and the rest of the stock is Edge fill. I understand that is the stock he builds all his Legends on now. Weighs about the same as a sporter fill - but has the magnum strength.

I have the magnum fill on my 416. I like the weight in that rifle.

Found a better picture of my 300WM

[Linked Image]

M
MOG Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Stunning rifle there Ngrumba thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Mog

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Sounds exactly like something BobinNH would say.. grin
Hehe... Great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ?

MOG, great picture and animal! Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
806 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 81 invisible), 3,177 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,714
Posts18,400,344
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.