Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am with Redneck.

NRA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Kahr Arms used to be owned by the son of Rev. Moon. Ya know, like the Moonies, that you used to see at the Airports wearing white sheets. Rev. Moon couldn't own the Company because he was a convicted Felon.

Don't know if they still own the company or not."

Don't know about the accuracy of the rest of your statement; But it was the Hari Krishna's (sp?) that used to hang out in airports.

I've read that his father was the 'reverend' Moon, but that he has distanced himself from his father's 'religion'. I say read as I have better things to do than look into such non sense... it'd be a full time job considering the state of the world.

Back to guns... I've got a couple of Kahr's and like them, no issues, light weight, smooth trigger and accurate (way beyond what I expect from a tiny pistol!).

I'm kind of with you on the warranty... why I am so impressed with Ruger these day's. But, try calling Colt and telling them the older 1911 that you bought used is having problems... will they send you a call tag for shipping and repair it for free! Then try it with S&W, etc. Good luck!

Jerry

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 10/22/14.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wikipedia lists "the Rev" as having 16 children. I am pretty sure a conservative christian will raise a few gun lovers out of that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Myung_Moon

Wiki on Kahr arms:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kahr_Arms

Last edited by supercrewd; 10/22/14.

NRA Life Member
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Redneck

If you buy a new truck with a 3/36 warranty and then have an issue 4+ years later - do you pay for the repair or do you complain that 'they don't stand behind their product'? (serious question - by no means any flame intended)

I haven't needed to use any firearm warranty to date, and don't know what I'd do if I had reliability/safety issue like the one mentioned in the OP... but like in your example, I wouldn't be inclined to go to the manufacturer first.

Couple reasons for that... first, I'm not going to hold a gunmaker responsible outside of the terms of the warranty. That's just silly. Second, I like to support my local gunsmith, so I'll have him look at it first before I talk to the manufacturer. If my local smith can't fix it, and he says it looks like a defect in manufacture, I'll get on the phone to the manufacturer. But so far I've had few gun problems that my local smith couldn't set to rights in short order.

I've had a number of Kahr pistols since they came out with the original K9 back in the 90's, and all have performed in stellar fashion. I'd go so far as to say that Kahr pistols are as reliable as any other gun out there. I'm down to just one Kahr right now, but am looking at getting a couple more in the near future and am confident they'll work as well as the ones I've had in the past.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've only owned one Kahr, a CW-9. From that experience, I'd bet I've "sold" several Kahr CW-9s for a local dealer just by recommending the gun and dealer to friends and family. It's the 2nd most accurate 9mm pistol I've fired and I've fired a few in the last 40 years. Nary a stutter. Feeds everything from semi-wadcutters to hollow point defensive ammo.

But, like everything else, I suppose I could break it.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For what they cost, they should perform better than their reputation belies.

My experience with them involves over half a dozen pistols and the reliability was totally "hit or miss". I can't complain about their CS though, because they paid to have guns shipped back to them seven (7) times! One even had to have a new frame and it still wasn't 100%.

That's a shame too because several of their pistols - like the PM9 and CW45 - fill a niche in the market like no other gun out there IMO.

They're more than accurate enough for such a small platform and the triggers are unbelievably smooth. I was ringing steel with a buddy's CW45 last week at 90 yards until it got a bit boring.

If you have a good one, hold on to it. If you have one with issues, send it back as many times as they'll pay for it and/or try another one.

The PM9 I have now was bought slightly used for exactly half of msrp and it shoots like a house on fire. For me, that's the way to test the waters without getting in too deep money wise.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
I've only owned one Kahr, a CW-9. From that experience, I'd bet I've "sold" several Kahr CW-9s for a local dealer just by recommending the gun and dealer to friends and family. It's the 2nd most accurate 9mm pistol I've fired and I've fired a few in the last 40 years. Nary a stutter. Feeds everything from semi-wadcutters to hollow point defensive ammo.

But, like everything else, I suppose I could break it.

Like you, I guess I have been lucky. I have 2 CW9's and a P-380 and all three have run without a hitch. I cant believe how good the P-380 shoots.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Ok guys, I have detail stripped this pistol and tried everything. This gun has an issue, one that if you didn't know could cause an injury or fatality. Even kimber states a 1 year warranty but has sure as phuc fixed the guns I have owned that failed. This company will not ever get my business again. Kahr is a joke. Say what you want Redneck but this is the kind of stuff that's put these companies into the ground. Put out a subpar product and don't stand behind it. Guess there is a reason I run quality 1911's, smith's and glocks.
I understand a bit of your frustration - I was just pointing out the other side.

Actually, Kahr puts out a very good product. But ANY manufacturer can have a turd leave the bowl once in a while. They spell out their warranty in exact terms - yet you're upset that they follow it?

If you buy a new truck with a 3/36 warranty and then have an issue 4+ years later - do you pay for the repair or do you complain that 'they don't stand behind their product'? (serious question - by no means any flame intended)

If this little gun's not working correctly and you don't want to pay to have it fixed, I'm curious then - who will you be selling a defective (and possibly injurious) firearm to? Or are you going to pay to have it fixed and then sell?

Again, just asking to see where you're headed on this.. With a detail strip - did you find what the issue was? Have any clue as to what exactly is not functioning correctly? Some burr hanging up the sear or similar?? (curious minds wanna know)

In any case - best wishes going forward... smile

Problem is pretty much every manufacturer stands behind their product as long as it wasn't something the owner did to cause the malfunction, which I did not. Good thing is I'm pretty handy with firearms so I will fix this myself. You don't know me so I'll give you a pass on the selling a dangerous firearm thing. I would never do such a thing and the many who know me on here know that. Its just funny when I go to the Kahr forum and everyone is preaching that Kahr will stand behind their guns no matter what. Purpose of this post was to point out that they will not. There are much better guns out there and better companies building them. Up to you guys to make your own decisions. I know mine has been made!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I guess what angers me the most is this gun will kill someone if they werent aware of the situation. This particular gun is less than 2 years old but on its second owner. I understand its stated but still. I bought a 500 smith once, I was the 4th owner. The cylinder locked up and the crane was damaged. I sent the gun back and had it back in a week with everything replaced for free. I bought a kimber super match used and it broke the first time it went to the range. Kimber took the gun back and fixed it for free. I have more examples of this and this is the first time that a gun company treated me the way they did with absolutely no care for the potential danger this gun has.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My Kahr experience in a short version is cw 45 POS lots of problems , later a cw 40 gun was fully functional and no problems shoot plenty good. I just cant deal with their triggers.

IC B3

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
That's bullchit Gunchamp! kahr should have made it right, I dont happen to own a car and now I never will...........Hb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Kahrs look like jewelry compared to my Kel-Tecs, but the ugly Kel-tecs are more reliable.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've bought and sold a lot of used guns and I haven't had any problems that stick out in my mind.

I've owned three Kahrs, still own two, and am the original owner of one of them. Only had one dealing with Kahr customer service and it was handled perfectly.

When you say in your post that you "bought a 500 smith once, I was the 4th owner. The cylinder locked up and the crane was damaged. I sent the gun back and had it back in a week with everything replaced for free"......you had to know it was broken when you bought it. Then you say you have more examples of this.

Are you buying these used guns, knowing that they have a problem...then hoping to have the company warranty sort them out? Or are you paying full price for a gun that is supposed to be working fine and you are getting ripped off by some pos seller?

If this is the latter, why not take your anger out on the guy that sold that sold you these lemons?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 163bc, 204guy, 69 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,118
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.