Print Thread
Hop To
L
LKEYES Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I am looking for a used rifled barreled shotgun for a special deer tag that I drew out on.
I would prefer a Remington 870 with a 3" chamber, but others would work as well. If it had a scope mount and even a scope with it, that would be a big bonus. The only thing I have for trade would be some hard earned cash.

Please send a PM if you can help out at all.

Thanks,
Levi

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- Dale Carnegie
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Any interest in a browning abolt 12ga with wood and syn stocks?

“Lighten up Francis”
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
word of advice, avoid 870/1100's with receiver mounted scopes, accuracy will be unpredictable from one day to the next.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you can afford it, buy a savage 220. It's more than a rifled slug barrel, but it shoots like a rifle. I love mine and wish I would have bought one sooner before I spent money on rifled barrels for pump guns.

L
LKEYES Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by micky
Any interest in a browning abolt 12ga with wood and syn stocks?

Micky, I'm not familiar with that model, but I'll send a PM for further discussion.

Thank you

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- Dale Carnegie
IC B2

L
LKEYES Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by InternetGuru
word of advice, avoid 870/1100's with receiver mounted scopes, accuracy will be unpredictable from one day to the next.

Thanks for the tip.

- Dale Carnegie
L
LKEYES Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by coryj
If you can afford it, buy a savage 220. It's more than a rifled slug barrel, but it shoots like a rifle. I love mine and wish I would have bought one sooner before I spent money on rifled barrels for pump guns.

Thanks as well for the suggestion, I'll look into those and see what's up with it. Always good to have options to chose from.

Thanks

- Dale Carnegie
L
LKEYES Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I am very much a bow and rifle guy, and only shoot birds with a shotgun, so I am pretty green on the rifled shotgun thing. I sure appreciate the advice and help trying to find one.

- Dale Carnegie
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sir

PM sent with offer for BPS shotgun

Kelly

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
PM sent regarding a H&R Ultra Slug Hunter...
Mookie

IC B3

L
LKEYES Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
All PM's replied too, thanks!!

- Dale Carnegie
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
PM sent...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a winchester 1300 20 ga with a black stock and fully rifled barrel.
It has a scope mount and a scope-(older weaver 1.5 power I think.)
3" chambering also has rifled sights.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Ok here is what I would think would be perfect. I have an Ithaca Deerslayer II Storm model. 20 gauge shoots the Remington Accu Tips into small groups. The barrel is screwed into the steel reciever like a rifle. It is free floated also and has no attachment to the magazine tube. This gun is factory parkarized with a composite camo stock. Recoil pad. It is factory drilled for scope mounts and is extremely accurate with a scope. It comes with Williams Fire Sights which I replaced the factory open sights with. Excellent shape I have 3 of these and only need one. PM me.

L
LKEYES Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks for all of the offers and this long week is finally over and can actually spend a little time thinking about other things then just work. I do believe that all PM's have been answered and there is some great shotguns to think about and choose from. Up here in Montana there is not a slug gun season and very few areas where we can hunt in a weapon restricted areas. This is a special Iowa tag that was drawn and I'm looking forward to the trip out there. Thanks again to everyone who has responded!!

- Dale Carnegie
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will sell the wingmaster 870 with the three barrels for 650 or trade for a savage 99 300savage or?
would prefer what I said in pm though.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
TDN Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I am in Iowa I will still send pics of the Ithaca If you wanted to do a face to face that could happen when you come out here where in Iowa are you hunting?

L
LKEYES Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Many thanks to all of the very fine offerings on here for a slug gun for this upcoming Iowa deer hunt, I really appreciate it. After a long look at the options I did finally decide on one and really looking forward to having some fun with it before I take off on my trip. Thanks again to all of the members here and all of the great advice that everyone shared with me.

Levi

- Dale Carnegie
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Pm sent

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
510 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 49 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,171
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.