Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
To DD,

If you can't run with the big dogs and hunt the steep hills out west, go to Nebraska, quit whining, and leave us alone. I just saw a doctor yesterday for my knees, but I'll keep hunting, just slower every year.

[Linked Image]

Why do you care you live in Oregon.

You young pups keep crapping on us old guys and you guys will lose your hunting rights. Us old guys have no problems with voting your hunting rights away. We old guys are one cranking bunch of people. Don't piss us off.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Fireball2
To DD,

If you can't run with the big dogs and hunt the steep hills out west, go to Nebraska, quit whining, and leave us alone. I just saw a doctor yesterday for my knees, but I'll keep hunting, just slower every year.

[Linked Image]

Why do you care you live in Oregon.

You young pups keep crapping on us old guys and you guys will lose your hunting rights. Us old guys have no problems with voting your hunting rights away. We old guys are one cranking bunch of people. Don't piss us off.

You don't even hunt. STFU.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

You young pups keep crapping on us old guys and you guys will lose your hunting rights. Us old guys have no problems with voting your hunting rights away. We old guys are one cranking bunch of people. Don't piss us off. [/quote]

*And there you have it. Take note campfire.

Last edited by Fireball2; 10/28/14.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
More tags allocated to nonresidents at fairer prices on Federal lands.....

That's a valid issue.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
A foot rail? A foot trail? What foot trail? I'd love to see a foot trail. Game trail maybe but no foot trails. This country ain't Colorado.

This particular trail is actually open to livestock and foot travel. I just call it a foot trail. Sorry you've never seen one, and think there are none in Montana, but that's not my problem. If you had, maybe we could have an intelligent conversation on the subject.

You are probably right. Colorado and Montana are two different countries with a different cultures.

Both have foot trails. It's a pity you've never seen one. Try and go outside some time.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf

Campfire my butt, this is the whinefest.

Ditto. The above is the truth like it or not.

Last edited by LostHighway; 10/28/14.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You want cheese with that?

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
States management for wildlife fall under the 10th amendment, they are required to follow the public trust doctrine. Which has been upheld by the supreme court from 1842 to Horner in 2000. Most western states also stay within the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation.

Teddy is rolling in his grave with what the Federal land management has turned into.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
DD, if you don't care about what CO does then shut the hell up about what goes down here. And as to different culture between the two states, sorry your wrong. Ratio of red and blue are different granted, but the make up of us natives is the same. I have spent some time up your way, my oh my you all have an awakening coming.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
States management for wildlife fall under the 10th amendment, they are required to follow the public trust doctrine. Which has been upheld by the supreme court from 1842 to Horner in 2000. Most western states also stay within the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation.

Teddy is rolling in his grave with what the Federal land management has turned into.

Kent

I think Teddy isn't alone.

But it makes grin thinking what he would do to these anti-hunting/shooting terrorist groups if he were around today. I wish he'd had better foresight, and had protections written in.

The intent of a law isn't always the letter of the law.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm afraid there is no protection against liberal agenda... even in the constitution, they just ignore it.

The alternative is we never had public trust hunting, recreating, shooting. There wouldn't be this website or us even discussing it.

I'm all for states' management of public lands along with wildlife under the same public trust doctrine and guidelines.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some of the Western states, and their liberal populace scare the hell out of me when considering that option as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A few years ago i was up in the coconino national forest hunting, during a blizzard. And I sat that with my approved map, shooting the roads that i was NOW allowed to go on, vs. the roads i HAD been allowed to go on since a child, trying to figure out what to do, as they had been removing the old F.R. signs, and renumbering.
And, lo and behold, i see a jeep out on a joyride in the snow going hither and thither, no reguard for approved road or not, full of forest service employees having a good joy ride.
The king does not want you to mess with his lands or his animals.
Supposedly one of the reasons to ban certain roads is not enough money, and they then could maintain existing open access roads.
right. I was on one of them a couple of weeks ago, a road that dates back to the 50's for me, and my poor ol butt is still suffering from all that non improved maintainence. You people that live in other areas of the country just do not or will not ever understand the bitterness that comes from living in a rural area all your life and having some butthead with a degree from yale trying to tell you what to do.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The "USFS Transportation Plan" in the Coronado NF is a bloody DISGRACE, with signs appearing, than disappearing, gates locked apparently on a whim,...re-opened a week later...

All of this is taking place with little or no input or dialogue from or with the 'recreational users', and is to often characterized by a VERY high handed and arrogant attitude.

I don't even want to START on the grazing lease 'Management" and the fire hazard issues relating thereto.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1moredeer, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,112
Posts18,464,395
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.