Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a big barn and mice sometimes get in. Three ways I handle it:
1. Cats 2. traps 3. 22 shot shells

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oats, raisins and FixAll mixed together. Keep it dry and let them eat it. Binds them up. So I saw on Youtube. Haven't tried it yet.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tracks
I got home after being gone for eight days and found they had moved in, got little mouse turds on my computer desk. Guess it's time for a trip to Ace hardware for some anti mouse supplies.

Update on this
I put a trap baited with peanut butter on my desk and kinda forgot about it.
Earlier today I heard a noise coming from that room, sounded like something fell. I checked it out and didn't see anything but later I noticed the trap on the floor and knew instantly what had happened. My Black lab has a taste for peanut butter, and must have found the trap.
Don't know if it got her, but when I picked it up and showed it to her, the tail and head went down and she left the room. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh by the way, the partially chewed tootsie roll is the best mouse/rat bait. They can't lick it off and get snapped.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by clintsfolly
Take a 5 gal pails with lid drill a 1" hole about 1" from bottom in the side. Get some Tom Cat mice pellets and put about 8-10 inside. Put on the top and place around the out side of the building. Put something heavy on to keep the wind from moving. The mice find a dry place with food and do the rest for you. We run 6 of them up at the deer camp and have cut why down on the mice. Plus the dogs can not get at the poison . Hope this helps. Clint

The key with this stuff is making sure the mice can't get out again after they eat the poison.

Rodents live for about 2 weeks after they eat a lethal dose of rodenticide. The amount of poison in the tissues of a dying rodent is enough to kill a dozen dogs. Your dog or cat eats the rodent, and 2 weeks later your dog or cat dies.

This happened to my bird dog last November. Neighbors were poisoning the local squirrels to keep them out of their pecan trees. We still have the squirrels a year later, but half a dozen dogs and cats in the neighborhood died.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My dad prided himself on setting the victors really "light". Peanut butter and let her rip. Heard the trap go off one morning and low an behold he caught a roach. Yep, set so light it caught a frigin cock roach.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
BLG #9334830 11/13/14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
...havin' real good results with Victor electric mouse traps at the ranch. victor traps

Last edited by AKA_Spook; 11/13/14.

.... like tears in the rain
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well when I was a whole lot younger I had an untrappable mouse in the kitchen. So I built an electrocution trap, a wired aluminum pie plate for him to stand on while he ate peanut butter off the other stripped end of a light cord plugged into the wall. I sat back in the living room drinking beer and he'd get in the plate and get knocked halfway across the kitchen, then he'd keep coming right back and doing it again. It was hilarious but it didn't work either so the next night I set up a backstop and shot him with the .22, while drinking beer naturally. It was funny too until I went in and saw mouse parts EVERYWHERE throughout the kitchen. Good times.

It took me a couple years to replace a cracked motor in a truck that I'm driving now and it stinks of mouse piss. A co-worker said next time buy a box of instant potatoes and set some out. The internet and he says that they can't vomit, so they eat the dehydrated spuds which swell up and ruptures their organs and they can't puke them out. Worth a try maybe.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
THE best mouse traps are the old fashion spring type wooden Victors with the upgraded trigger pad that is yellow plastic and looks like cheese. It has a deep pocket to hold peanut butter. They are fool proof and NEVER miss a mouse.

Last edited by birddog65; 11/14/14.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just now shoved one out the door with nothing more than a broom and a flashlight!!

Saw a new trap on the redneck teeth inventors show the other night. Involved a ping pong ball. Pretty cool actually and really worked!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,253
Posts18,466,977
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.