Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most of the OP's posts are in our classifieds. Vague, poorly focused and distant photos are a flipper's stock in trade. These poor photos give the impression of a well worn rifle that has been refinished by an amateur. The initial asking price of $950 was a fishing expedition. Particularly when compared to what others are selling for. For example mine was purchased from a Los Angeles gun shop, at retail, $700.

[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by pal
Most of the OP's posts are in our classifieds. Vague, poorly focused and distant photos are a flipper's stock in trade. These poor photos give the impression of a well worn rifle that has been refinished by an amateur. The initial asking price of $950 was a fishing expedition. Particularly when compared to what others are selling for. For example mine was purchased from a Los Angeles gun shop, at retail, $700.

[Linked Image]

Nice rifle pal. I bought one very similar to yours for the same price.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal

[Linked Image]

Great wok detective hopefully you will get a promotion to campfire lieutenant.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nah, I don't mind watching the door.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

A
akrange Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A
I really don't like this piece Either..

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If this gun gets parted out I could prob. use the stock, A show calf its not , but I trade in shooters as well as mints and with a little work seems it would make a nice shooter stock, seems to have better than avg wood vis a little figure. I guess Im a sucker for em all except the ones that have had the receiver drilled for the G&H type mounts.... For some reason I have a hard time getting past that mod! After my cropdusting career I sat on the ring buying cattle ,many many thousands, we had about 8 sec to grade and look ahead as to what the animal would be 6 mos down the road. An old 82 year old man that was a cattle buyer from the time he climed off the troop ship after the Pacific fighting Japs told me something I will never forget about cattle and it rings true for mod 70's as well.I was fussing about a group of Mexican looking Corriante yearlings and he looked at me and said 'Son there is a place for each and every one of these beasts,its our place as buyers to place em an price em to fit!' The same thing applies to a pre 64 model 70 Winchester! In our case we started out with close to 600K to work with and go from there! very best WinPoor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So how much would a shooter stock go for? Pre-64, pad added, std LOP, no cracks and pretty nice looking.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
A
akrange Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
If this gun gets parted out I could prob. use the stock, A show calf its not , but I trade in shooters as well as mints and with a little work seems it would make a nice shooter stock, seems to have better than avg wood vis a little figure. I guess Im a sucker for em all except the ones that have had the receiver drilled for the G&H type mounts.... For some reason I have a hard time getting past that mod! After my cropdusting career I sat on the ring buying cattle ,many many thousands, we had about 8 sec to grade and look ahead as to what the animal would be 6 mos down the road. An old 82 year old man that was a cattle buyer from the time he climed off the troop ship after the Pacific fighting Japs told me something I will never forget about cattle and it rings true for mod 70's as well.I was fussing about a group of Mexican looking Corriante yearlings and he looked at me and said 'Son there is a place for each and every one of these beasts,its our place as buyers to place em an price em to fit!' The same thing applies to a pre 64 model 70 Winchester! In our case we started out with close to 600K to work with and go from there! very best WinPoor

Let us all go back to the Top of this post and give this rifle the 8 second Test... Now close your Eyes...
Thanks Winchesterpoor.. Great Story...

Last edited by akrange; 11/28/14.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I would pay $125. maybe a tad more if I needed it only if the gun were getting parted out. As always it depends if you are buying or selling. very best
EDIT, I always start here on the worse case bottom end or bare bones min., A non butchered action,bolt and bottom metal is worth $500 to me for a build, transition a little more! Any and all above that is a plus, Fwt,sights, hood ect. I have run across shot out barrels that when taken to the bare metal and shined up a bit that shot like a house afire!I have run across barrels that I doubt were ever cleaned from the time they left the factory as well as barrels 50 years old that had not had 50 rounds down the barrel! The internet does expose us to guns that would end up in a pawn shop of pulled out of Grandpaws house by the barrel and sold for 25C on the dollar!
Ice on the pumpkin in SW GA this morning, another day or so of this will tune the big bucks up. My freezer is 3/4 full so Im after the ole big horn old guy now! Gonna check on a couple moma cows that should have new ones and ride the back 40 for calves and maybe a buck thinking with his little head! later, very best WinPoor

A
akrange Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A
WPoor
I'm not trying to sell a Finger or a Liver.. A Bolt a Trigger.. Not Parts I say..I'd like to sell the Whole Era Today..
Maybe it's deemed to be Dismembered ..I'll always remember it as a 1954 Pre-64...

IC B3

A
akrange Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A
More views to a Kill..
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A
akrange Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A
Let go 800.00 to your FFL in the lower 48

A
akrange Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A
Lets go 750.00 to your FFL in the lower 48..

Last edited by akrange; 12/16/14.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
pm sent

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I will take it. PM on the way.

A
akrange Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A
SPF

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (19rabbit52, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 33 invisible), 2,175 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,366
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.