Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm not a big remington fan. Their customer service has sucked for a longwhile. Their shotguns are less than great now but I love my 597 .22 made in about 2000. Never on problem with the 597 but a 1187 super mag = boat anchor. I hate to see a good american company go to crap like remington has in the last decade.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know not the definition of fine arms, but recently was at a group event for work at a skeet range. Guy was loaning out an 870 youth 20 guage for the non shooters to use. Super rough action, sharp edges on all the metal pieces. Plastic pieces all over. Dad bought me one in 1993. Apples and oranges between my 20 year old one and the new ones being put out.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In any industry customer service is a make or break deal. In the shooting industry where companies like RCBS and Redding stand out as tops in any industry you would think Remington would either get their act together or close there doors for good. When good companies get bought out by executive bean counters who have no real understanding of the products they make the end will soon be near.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I called Remington Customer Service a year ago to see about re-barreling a Model Seven; they no longer do this. I will gladly pay for the work and think their customer service stinks; the person was only marginally courteous.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Scott F
In any industry customer service is a make or break deal. In the shooting industry where companies like RCBS and Redding stand out as tops in any industry you would think Remington would either get their act together or close there doors for good. When good companies get bought out by executive bean counters who have no real understanding of the products they make the end will soon be near.

Quite true!!

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the remingtons that i know and love are long gone given the present management. i have pumps that are almost 100 years old that are marvels of engineering and workmanship and shoot as good as they look. i also have ones that were specially done for small distributors with the past 10-15 years that are wonderfully fit, finished and functional. the ones i see coming out under the remington and marlin name remind me of chinese copies by norinko and other ripoffs. i still love my remingtons and marlins, but not what goes by those names now.

My diploma is a DD214
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by rem141r
the remingtons that i know and love are long gone given the present management. i have pumps that are almost 100 years old that are marvels of engineering and workmanship and shoot as good as they look. i also have ones that were specially done for small distributors with the past 10-15 years that are wonderfully fit, finished and functional. the ones i see coming out under the remington and marlin name remind me of chinese copies by norinko and other ripoffs. i still love my remingtons and marlins, but not what goes by those names now.

That's true. I love Remington 700's, but the only current model I have any interest in is a CDL SF, which I wish had the option of a laminated stock. The older ones I like best are the ones made during the 90's and early 2000's. Luckily, they made more than a few of those, so they will never disappear in my lifetime.......... wink

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I wont buy a new Remington since they told me that my 3 to 4 inch three shot groups, (not counting flyers), "met their standards".

The Model Seven CDL in 260 Rem had such a rough barrel that it would be extremely copper fouled after just two or three shots and that was with Nosler BTs and Remingtons own Core-lokts. They sent the rifle back w/o doing a thing to it.

That said, I have some older Remingtons that have been and still are great.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 18 invisible), 1,365 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,219
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.