Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
You know what. I didn't grow up with someone to teach me about guns. I have had to learn on my own. Sometimes these lessons are learned the hard way. It's awesome that the rest of you are so perfect. Or a bunch of crotchety old bitches. I am not from Texas, I'm from Idaho. Now get off your high horse.

GB1

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 1tnhunter
Originally Posted by SLM
And they keep swallowing the hook.

Hook,line & boat

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
And between training and the constant deployments I don't get much of a chance to hunt or shoot for that matter. I'm just looking for advice and assistance and it seems like I won't get that here, just a bunch of snarky comments.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you're fulla chit.

bye..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

With the "constant deployments," it looks like the ragheads are pretty safe from MachoKing's boolits.

Prolly might learn something from his gunny Sergeant, for sure.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MachoKing
You know what. I didn't grow up with someone to teach me about guns.

Me either. But I know BS when I see it. Learned that all by myself.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I usually shoot a rem model 700 7mm RM. When I shoot at critters they go down. No issues. Just, trying to figure out if it's me or the gun.

If you can shoot the 7Rem. Mag 2with out flinching how are you
going to be flinching with a 260 which has less recoil??
Some thing wlse is going on here loose rings, base not tight but something is just not right! Good lock in sorting it out. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I didn't grow up with someone to teach me about guns. I have had to learn on my own. Sometimes these lessons are learned the hard way.

And between training and the constant deployments I don't get much of a chance to hunt or shoot for that matter.

This train wreck has likely run it's course, but these two quotes jumped out for me. "Constant deployments" sounds military to me, but then "I didn't grow up with someone to teach me about guns" seems like a big contradiction.

Regardless - whether MachoKing is military or not, I never let anyone mount scopes on any of my rifles. I've had reputable shops offer to do so with a rifle purchase and always decline. I always take the time to degrease threads, blue Loktite the base screws, check ring alignment with steel bars and lap if necessary, and position the scope for proper eye relief. I wouldn't trust any shop to install a scope and go through the same process I do myself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As for the 4 Wheeler comment, no I don't hunt from a 4 Wheeler. I ride to the end of the road and then walk in another 5 miles. 2. The scope was just tight enough to make a nice group from the bench. 3. Some people are a little too presumptuous.

Let's see 5 miles hiking in elk country - that's minimum 2-1/2 hours in and 2-1/2 hours out. Got it.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 04/17/15.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

716 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,151
Posts18,465,027
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.