Originally Posted by 1Deernut
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
How are the triggers on the Hawkeye?

Same trigger as the MKII. Not too good. I have a new Hawkeye in .223. The trigger has a spot in it that feels almost like a 2 stage AR trigger. I have not measured the poundage. With that said, I have shot groups under an inch with a couple of handloads after only 2 range sessions, so I feel good about the possibilities.

I plan to work on the trigger tonight. My MKII in 270 was pretty bad, but I was able to polish it and install a new spring that got the trigger to a crisp 2.5 pounds. I will try to do the same with this Hawkeye, but I do have a Timney that I can install if I'm not happy with the result of my work.

I was able to get the Hawkeye 223 trigger down to a fairly crisp 3 pounds. I haven't shot it yet, only dry fired. Big improvement over as-shipped. I'm hunting the rest of the week, but may get some range time in Sunday. The trigger job should compute to some tight groups.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson