Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Checked account tonight and amount owed is $0.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had AT&T for a long time for my cell phone. When I got sick I was having issues with it. I was partially paralyzed and could barely walke with the aid of a cane and it wasn pretty ugly. I went into the local AT&T store and asked for a chair because they didn't have any out. I was told they don't provide chairs for costumers because they want you to look around.

Notice if you go into one they don't have any chairs.

Picked up a pre paid cell phone and will change providers once I get done moving.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My nightmare continues. Was told by the AT&T rep that it was fixed but found the $794.99 on my bill yet again so called. This time they agree again the charge is incorrect and will have it removed. BUT they can't fix it right now but file a case ensuring me the charge will be removed by January 7.

So I call again today to check on the status of my case noting the $794,99 charge is still on my bill. I ask about my case and am told "it was denied" on Jan 2 - no one had told me.

After 45 minutes on the phone today speaking with Cory McGreggory (with various holds) I'm told "You are correct..." and I'll not be charged the $794.99 "...100% certainty".

I'm guessing it's a 50/50 chance of going my way - same odds it won't go my way.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you're being optimistic.

AT&T has owed me $100 for an unneeded DSL modem for over 18 months now. I've decided that the best course of action is for that money to be turned over to the CA state comptroller as unclaimed property, then claim it.

Needless to say, my AT&T landline went bye about 9 months ago...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I just dumped AT&T and went with Verizon. Best move I ever made! One of the AT&T rep's at work warned me about the Frontier take over and how bad they were. He left AT&T just after the take over and came to work for us. Now he gets to deal with them full time to correct their mistakes! No more AT&T for me.

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
ATT = less bars in all places

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
With Verizon I had great service except at my house where I had 0 to 1 bars.

Got the Verizon network extender, and now ALWAYS have 4 or 5 bars, Love it !!
You do have to have a decent computer/internet signal.

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BGunn
With Verizon I had great service except at my house where I had 0 to 1 bars.

Got the Verizon network extender, and now ALWAYS have 4 or 5 bars, Love it !!
You do have to have a decent computer/internet signal.

We had Verison but very poor coverage at our home and slow satellite internet but ATT coverage is good.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Sorry to hear about your ATT experience, wish I could say mine was better. Had a cell with them since '98. (For several years we had one ATT and one Verizon just to make sure we had service where we worked and traveled.) As of May '13, both the wife and I have Verizon cells but we have no other option then ATT for our DSL.

So, since June '13. my ATT file is over 1" thick as I try to get my cell/DSL bill (two accounts) corrected/credited/etc.. I've keep notes on everything: the department, the promises, and the person I talked with (plus what movies they've watched, vacation plans, etc., as we chat while waiting to get picked up by another ATT department that will solve everything - usually get transferred 3 times!!)

I've now logged over 40+ hrs on the phone with ATT reps (also with numerous dropped calls). Today, regardless of all the promises for resolutions, I now have THREE bills lying beside me as I type... each with a different NEW account number! Instead of being double billed, I'm being billed three times for the same DSL line!! (I'm no quitter but no idea how this would turn out if I wasn't retired.)

One tip that has helped some... ask for the "retention department" or tell them you want to cancel your service... the folks in retention have more options for credits, etc. (And their promises are good more often then any of the other departments.)

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Boise
My gawd our local Bakan Park store sucks!

We're going on three months trying to get my wife a new phone. Maybe some of you will be able to laugh at our misery...etc

If this is your initial experience and how they treat you when you are trying to become a customer, how do you think it will go down the line...some things are an indication that things will only get worse and not better.

You have a lot more patience than me...a vendor gets maybe 5 minutes of my time and I'm outta there...

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Interesting we had verizon and for some reason ended up going to ATT. I believe our local carrier switched or some such.

Have never had an issue at all with ATT.

We did have sprint once and that was a joke and got rid of them asap.

Personally I suspect it can be individual stores, we haven't had ATT store ever until just now, and I HOPE I can still get our phones from our local land line provider... they have been the reason, I suspect, that our ATT experiences have not been negative ever.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Anytime I have an issue with them, I call and ask to be transfered to the Retention Dept. Those folks get paid to do what they can to keep you from switching carriers. I have had pretty good luck, and have received some free stuff to boot.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,511
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.