Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Right? Dad "who lives nearby" showed up to ask why they didn't "shoot him in the legs". He would have been okay with that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mom prolly tole jr. to get the [bleep] gone while she takin' care o' business in her crib.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I think most 12 year olds do stupid stuff.I certainly did.I had plenty of toy guns that looked real.Kid was killed because he did not know any better.Blaming everyone from the Cop to the Parents to the kid aint going to bring him back.It is truly a tragedy.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Its past time to put a mandatory NRA Eddie Eagle class in the curriculum of all elementary schools so that these inner-city kids can get a proper education on the 2nd Amendment and how to safely and responsibly handle fire arms.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
because the topic was brought up (and supported) that if a kid points a bb gun at you and you know its a bb gun, you can blow his head off to protect your eye.
No, you can die from a BB, something that has been pointed out to you, but that you continue to ignore. Also, I asked you if you'd have shot the kid to protect your own son's eye. You dodged the answer.

Emotion, it clouds facts and objective thinking every time.

ok, as absurd as your scenario is, if it were my son I'd probably shot the kid

but here is where you're scenario breaks down - this kid , as far as what I've read here shows, had not shot anyone, was not pointing it at the eye of another kid or even at the eye of a cop. There wasn't an adult there pleading with the kid to put the gun down (again, from what I've read here)

to go even further, this is between a cop, sworn to protect the public, and a kid on a playground acting a fool - no one's child (other than the parents of the 12 year old ) is in danger.

I'm not sure how or why you think you are making a point about protecting the eye of your kid in this scenario.

What I'd like to think is we live in a society where an adult would have told the kid to put that damn bb gun down or he'd whip his ass with a belt.

but instead we have to hear about getting your eye put out by lethal bb guns being wielded by 12 year old crack shots so its ok to unload your clip into them.

Once agin you are projecting that he knew it was a BB gun.

The statements in the article I read said that he was ordered to put his hands up, he failed to comply with that and instead reached his hand down towards the gun in his wasteband.

Facing that same situation what would you have done?

the whole discussion ethan and I have had is based on knowing it was a bb gun.

I'm not saying the cop knew it was a bb gun - matter of fact I've said I don't know how he could tell the difference - but we were talking about a hypothectical ( admittedly a tangent of this thread)- not what actually happened there.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/25/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Its past time to put a mandatory NRA Eddie Eagle class in the curriculum of all elementary schools so that these inner-city kids can get a proper education on the 2nd Amendment and how to safely and responsibly handle fire arms.

you know that's a great point - no one thinks twice about these kids taking D.A.R.E. classes and I know without a doubt they make a huge difference in kids perception of drug use (to the point they'll turn in their parents for smoking weed).

I think having a gun safety class would be a "defeat" in the eyes of anti-gun people though.

Hell, I took a mandatory boating safety class in high school and I lived in damned ole Kentucky. I think a gun safety class is long overdue.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

you know that's a great point - no one thinks twice about these kids taking D.A.R.E. classes and I know without a doubt they make a huge difference in kids perception of drug use (to the point they'll turn in their parents for smoking weed).

I think having a gun safety class would be a "defeat" in the eyes of anti-gun people though.

Hell, I took a mandatory boating safety class in high school and I lived in damned ole Kentucky. I think a gun safety class is long overdue.

I've been saying this for years. If the left actually cared about the lives of children and young adults, they would push for simple gun safety classes to be taught from 5th or 7th grade on. It doesn't take a lot of time to teach simple muzzle control and keep your finger off the trigger.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 73 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,540
Posts18,453,105
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.