Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Also, this Portugal production thing is not something new for FN. They've been producing there for quite a while. The very best shotguns I own (3 A-5s), the best semi-auto (BAR)30-06, and a beautiful heirloom BBR are all FN made and for the time being anyway, I'm going to defer to their judgment as to what manufacturing model will give them, and hopefully us, the best bang for the buck. But then I could just be na�ve:)
John

GB1

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
So the "35AMN" serial # would indicate a 2009 DOM. I'd say it's probably a good one. In 2008 FN wanted to win us over with their new model 70 and they put out a great product. Quality started to go in the chitter later on and that's why they are now manufactured in Portugal.

Wrong buddy just the stocks made in Portugal all other parts made in South Carolina and assembled in Portugal...

Who's wrong here? They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words. Why does it say "made in Portugal" on the box now??????
[Linked Image]

I'd be all over that 2009 EW for $800.00. Hard to beat that deal on a great rifle. The OP was right in buying it. Good luck to any of you bastids buying the new and improved Portugal pos win model 70..

Great work detective BSA. As was stated the transition has been complete I talked a good friend few months back and he told me this was happening all tooling was being shipped to Portugal. Initially stuff was being sent over to be fitted for stocks, while tooling was enroute. On a side note for you guys baco fought this said it was bad but you all know what FN thought. Oh how does my bud know this his best friend was high up in the browning food chain. Also the plant in South Carolina was built to build small arms for the us government not build model 70's.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
So the "35AMN" serial # would indicate a 2009 DOM. I'd say it's probably a good one. In 2008 FN wanted to win us over with their new model 70 and they put out a great product. Quality started to go in the chitter later on and that's why they are now manufactured in Portugal.

Wrong buddy just the stocks made in Portugal all other parts made in South Carolina and assembled in Portugal...

Who's wrong here? They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words. Why does it say "made in Portugal" on the box now??????
[Linked Image]

I'd be all over that 2009 EW for $800.00. Hard to beat that deal on a great rifle. The OP was right in buying it. Good luck to any of you bastids buying the new and improved Portugal pos win model 70..

And you had to go pull this off another thread to kind of prove me wrong bro wtf you ok were you having a bad weekend... Drink a mtn dew eat a elk steak gees

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Picked it up yesterday and shot today. Puts federal fusion 165s into an inch group. Was using a portable bench that isn't all that great so I'm sure it will do much better. Will work up some loads after the season. Going to use it tomorrow for opening day in PA. Winchester has a deal going until 12/31/14 where they will rebate back whatever taxes you pay, up to 8%.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Sounds like you got a good one. Congrats and good luck hunting!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
ms, might want to give the Hornaday Interlocks a shot. All of my .30 cal Winchesters that like the Fusions, shoot the Interlocks even better.
John

M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks. I would try the interlocks, however, wouldn't they blow up at the 300 wsm velocities?

By the way, the more I play around with this rifle, the more I like it. The fit and finish is perfect and the bolt is about as smooth as I have ever felt. Looking forward to some load workup.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (222Sako, 163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.