Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Read the thread, I never accused you of poaching and don't care one way or another.

What exactly am I bragging about??? What are these claims you say that I make? Tell me again who I'm quoting?

FYI, intelligent, educated people have to mentally pause every time they encounter that stupid, contrived (by morons) word "boolit" in a sentence. It's a vain attempt by those who cast bullets to feel superior to those who buy them. It's puerile.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Posting twice means I forgot a previous one. Is that a crime?. No, I tell you how many and do not add with another post. Main reason for the posts anyway was to show I got the .500 JRH to work with a little bit of a soft nose. It was failing with a full hard boolit.
I made half the ogive with 3# of pure and 1# of WW metal and thought some would like the info. Actually it is still too harsh on deer.
you should show your expertise so others can learn. What are you here for except to brag, I show what things do. A good hunter might appreciate some things.
You say you don't care if I poach, be careful what you say and read the laws. I can kill two deer a day so do not accuse me of anything. You might be the short end of a stick. I have legal tags. Deer I gave away are with my permission letter and my tags. You are so easy with lies to dispute.

Pot meet kettle...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by CraigC
You already posted this. Is this how you get your big numbers, by counting them all two or three times??? Lay off the Mad Dog.

So that's how it works?!?!?! Kill two deer, post it twice here, then at least once on the Cast Boolit forum and voila'!...you killed 6 deer! Makes the 300+ deer he's claimed to have killed with revolvers much easier to "believe". laugh

35WN

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."- Col. Townsend Whelen
"I always tell the truth....that way, I don't have to remember anything."- George Burns
NRA Life Member
Certified NRA Reloading Instructor
Certified Texas Hunter Education Instructor
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 35WhelenNut
So that's how it works?!?!?! Kill two deer, post it twice here, then at least once on the Cast Boolit forum and voila'!...you killed 6 deer! Makes the 300+ deer he's claimed to have killed with revolvers much easier to "believe".

Exactly! wink

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Posting twice means I forgot a previous one. Is that a crime?.

What else do you forget?

Also please explain how the 500 JRH was "failing" with hard cast.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jwp475

What else do you forget?

Easy, it was poking a hole and deer were going 100 to 120 yards before dropping. Boolit too hard and heavy. Just half the nose made softer to start some expansion did the trick. I did not go to pure but 3# of pure and 1# of WW metal. The JRH now does as good or better then the .475 with hard boolits.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have 5 deer this season, large doe in early doe, then a large doe and 8 point opening day and then a doe and 6 point on Thanksgiving morning. But my friend was here and pointed out a little sticker so it is really a 7 point. I don't care about bucks.
Now a funny thing was the first doe, no milk at all. She was 175 to 200# easy. First time ever with an older doe with no milk. yearlings, yes.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

What else do you forget?

Easy, it was poking a hole and deer were going 100 to 120 yards before dropping. Boolit too hard and heavy. Just half the nose made softer to start some expansion did the trick. I did not go to pure but 3# of pure and 1# of WW metal. The JRH now does as good or better then the .475 with hard boolits.

I remember you posting that the 500 JRH with the hard bullets destroyed too much deer.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Sometimes, even the popcorn starts getting stale.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hey Professor Jim, why are you telling everybody on cast boolits that I accused you of poaching???

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have 5 deer this season...

I've got three, do I get a cookie? I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to be in a pissing contest. Nevermind.......

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CraigC
I have 5 deer this season...

I've got three, do I get a cookie? I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to be in a pissing contest. Nevermind.......

Of course, not a pissing contest, just about affect of a boolit. Even one deer and results is important.

F
F

Can't wait to try my BFR's on game. I know what they do to my little bobbers at 100 yds.

Jim, how do you do your soft point?

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Frank1

Can't wait to try my BFR's on game. I know what they do to my little bobbers at 100 yds.

[Linked Image]

I had a little dipper made from a .38 case, two pots and dumped the soft in first then the hard right away. I kept the mold level on a wood plate and a rubber band to hold handles shut. Still need to refine but they shot the same at 50 yards.
I love your gun and the group. Wish I could read the notes.

F
F

[Linked Image]

I had a little dipper made from a .38 case, two pots and dumped the soft in first then the hard right away. I kept the mold level on a wood plate and a rubber band to hold handles shut. Still need to refine but they shot the same at 50 yards.
I love your gun and the group. Wish I could read the notes.

Great technique. I'll have to try it out sometime. Thanks.

Here are the notes.

50 yds
475 BFR
420 grn WFNGC
25.1 grns W296
CCI350
Hornady brass
3-10-09

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
The .475 has needed nothing at all. Just a hard boolit. Only the JRH has needed a change.

F
F
The .475 has needed nothing at all. Just a hard boolit. Only the JRH has needed a change.

One thing I would like changed on the 500 JRH is a slightly longer case. Any way to do that?

Last edited by Frank1; 12/21/14.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

One thing I would like changed on the 500 JRH is a slightly longer case. Any way to do that?

Sure shorten 500 S&W cases to what ever length you want them.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Yep, .500 S&W is the parent case but don't go over chamber length.
the more I shoot this thing, the more I figure it is the most perfect .500 made. the .475 Linebaugh is another.
Sounds like the man wants to shoot the JRH from a S&W. It does fit as is. The JRH is a .500 special after all.

F
F
Yep, .500 S&W is the parent case but don't go over chamber length.
the more I shoot this thing, the more I figure it is the most perfect .500 made. the .475 Linebaugh is another.
Sounds like the man wants to shoot the JRH from a S&W. It does fit as is. The JRH is a .500 special after all.

My two loads with a 440 grain bullet are 103% case capacity and 105%. With the second powder, I have to seat the bullet first and then crimp separately to get it adequately in the case. Maybe I'll just keep doing it that way. Or get a BFR in 500 S&W, but that's an expensive solution.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 11 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.