Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I love it when a good plan comes together. Thanks to all that participated, and wishing all the best, to the well deserving youngsters.

Yup.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks again John for taking on another great project.. wink

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tom264
Thanks for considering her.

The fact that you had the nerve to ask the Campfire for anything after everything that you have done here,is mind boggling.
Don't worry Tom,this mistake won't happen again. You can take that to the bank.
Pathetic comes to mind every time I think about you or read your posts.You must be proud. What you did,in the name of your daughter is unthinkable to me and others that donated to this great cause.
HERE is a small sampling of Tom at his best(worst)...
Seafire didn't know Tom264's history of trolling and his vile PM's that he sent regularly to many members here.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bart,
While Tom264 may be a total azz, his daughter has nothing to do with it, but I do respect your opinion.
To take it out on her would make those on here who donated to the kids just as worthless and two faced.
It was done for the kids. her smile is just as much of a reward as any. If she gets many years of enjoyment out of it then that's enough.
Seafire thanx again for the work, and I hope each and every kid gets treated the same as these at some point in their life as it would just reinforce the notion that not all strangers are bad and self centered. Kindness of heart has its own rewards in the end.

Congrats to all the young ones.

Swifty
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Zoe here, I also recieved a gun and accessories and wanted to thank everyone involved. We haven't gotten out to go shooting yet, but hope to soon.

I want to wish the other kids good luck hunting this year. My dad says ground squirrels are out and this fall I'll be out chasing deer too. Might even get out after spring bear but didn't draw the tag I put in for.

Thank you for your generosity of donating guns to kids like us.

P.S., I am in the Woman's Century Club 10th Annual Spelling Bee! Wish me luck!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This was talked about in a PM and I wanted tom264 to know that his behavior won't be forgotten.
"It's for the children" has nothing to do with what happened here.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Typical of the fire.

Its really sad when something that started out as a good thing has now been turned into a politicized P.O.S. in 1 quick paragraph.

Well Done. And I am not really surprised.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love the photos and sure enjoyed participating in the gift-giving of rifles. (wish someone had done that for me as a kid - wouldn't have then gotten such a late start) We do appreciate Seafire's efforts. The feeling that comes from seeing unselfish kindred spirits on the Campfire join in such positive action reinforces some of the good reasons for being on here. The other - contrasting - comments and behaviors here are useful reminders about human reality.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I need to revive this post. Here is a picture of Gunnar's first ever pronghorn antelope! This was after a mile or so sneak and a LONG shot laying prone in the stubble.

He is a great shot, and did really well. This was his first hunt with the .257 and he loves it. He is turning out to be a great hunting partner.

Thanks again to the generosity of the 'fire. You folks are truly amazing!!!!

[Linked Image]

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Shortside...

this is what it is all about, and what makes my time and involvement a joy, not a chore....

congrats to Gunnar on putting that 257 Bob to good use...

and a long shot, didn't we have a 2 x 7 mounted on top of that? goes to show, ya don't need a 6 x 40 x 56 mm to take a long distance shot... you just need discipline and a steady hand...and a good eye helps once in a while...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (12344mag, 2UP, 44mc, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 19 invisible), 1,746 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,239
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.