Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Toyotas are great cars/trucks, but their SUVs are ugly as schit now. And I mean really really ugly. Okay, I guess the 4Runner is alright but it is small. I liked the old style but these new ones are the ugliest cars on the road. They are as expensive and are competing directly with Infinty QX 80s, Tahoe LTZs, and Yukon Denalis but you would want to wear a paper bag over your head if you actually drove one.

A Toyota competing with a Nissan, and GM's?

That ain't gonna be much of a competition.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Toyotas are great cars/trucks, but their SUVs are ugly as schit now. And I mean really really ugly. Okay, I guess the 4Runner is alright but it is small. I liked the old style but these new ones are the ugliest cars on the road. They are as expensive and are competing directly with Infinty QX 80s, Tahoe LTZs, and Yukon Denalis but you would want to wear a paper bag over your head if you actually drove one.

A Toyota competing with a Nissan, and GM's?

That ain't gonna be much of a competition.

Travis

Nissans will run with Toys all phuggin day, year after year after year........

FJB & FJT
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Junk compared to a Toyota.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I'll do my best to remember that they're junk the next time I hop in this 2000 model with 220K miles on it.
[Linked Image]

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The Nissans are good trucks but they are not as durable as the Toyota, under hard use. One of the companies I work for bought a dozen of the Nissans to train troops in off-road driving. They had a LOT of problems, the front diffs grenading, for starters.

I'm sure I'd get great service from a Nissan because I baby my vehicles but Toyotas are tops. Also, go to a parts store and compare prices of parts for a 10yo Toyota and a Nissan.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are Robots Behind Perceived Drop in Toyota Tacoma Build Quality?

If you visit any Toyota Tacoma forum, there is usually at least one thread discussing the build quality of the current generation versus previous models. For many, the location of where the pickup truck is built remains a point of discussion (some wish it was still built in California, others want it to go back to Japan). However, what if robots are to blame?

According to Automotive News, Toyota says it is changing its production methods. Instead of adding more robots � the industry trend � Toyota is adding more humans. The idea is humans are better at spotting issues and improving the production process.

During the massive growth of Toyota around the turn of the century, production moved away from people in favor of robots. These robots certainly allowed Toyota to increase production; however, there may have also been a greater cost. Critics of Toyota, and even Toyota's current President Aiko Toyoda, point to the growth and production changes as the underlying problem behind the unintended acceleration issue and how solutions and information were disseminated.

Many Tacoma forums, like TacomaWorld.com, have noted a drop in quality in the second-generation pickup as a result of the decision to change production locations several years ago. The truck was first built in Fremont, Calif., before being moved to San Antonio, Texas. Some say the trucks built in California had fewer issues than those built in San Antonio. The reality is more likely that those issues have little to do with location, but rather more to do with timing.

Click Here

So Toyota owners maintain a unified front when talking to others, but the truth comes out when they speak among themselves about their vehicle problems.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Raeford
I'll do my best to remember that they're junk the next time I hop in this 2000 model with 220K miles on it.

They're good trucks. They're just not as good as a Toyota.

Travis

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by walt501

If you visit any Toyota Tacoma forum, there is usually at least one thread discussing the build quality of the current generation versus previous models. For many, the location of where the pickup truck is built remains a point of discussion (some wish it was still built in California, others want it to go back to Japan). However, what if robots are to blame?

According to Automotive News, Toyota says it is changing its production methods. Instead of adding more robots � the industry trend � Toyota is adding more humans. The idea is humans are better at spotting issues and improving the production process.

During the massive growth of Toyota around the turn of the century, production moved away from people in favor of robots. These robots certainly allowed Toyota to increase production; however, there may have also been a greater cost. Critics of Toyota, and even Toyota's current President Aiko Toyoda, point to the growth and production changes as the underlying problem behind the unintended acceleration issue and how solutions and information were disseminated.

Many Tacoma forums, like TacomaWorld.com, have noted a drop in quality in the second-generation pickup as a result of the decision to change production locations several years ago. The truck was first built in Fremont, Calif., before being moved to San Antonio, Texas. Some say the trucks built in California had fewer issues than those built in San Antonio. The reality is more likely that those issues have little to do with location, but rather more to do with timing.

Click Here

So Toyota owners maintain a unified front when talking to others, but the truth comes out when they speak among themselves about their vehicle problems.

Yep, everybody knows that a Tacoma sucks balls compared to an S10:)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4321
Originally Posted by walt501

Click Here

Yep, everybody knows that a Tacoma sucks balls compared to an S10:)

Do you really need to compare a Tacoma to a truck that hasn't been made for over 20 years to prove your point? Hilarious.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
And opinions are like what?
Just ask 4321 from above, he is one

FJB & FJT
IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

We are all entitled to our opinions.

Especially during this holiday season.

God bless,
Travis

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 4321
The Nissans are good trucks but they are not as durable as the Toyota, under hard use. One of the companies I work for bought a dozen of the Nissans to train troops in off-road driving. They had a LOT of problems, the front diffs grenading, for starters.

I'm sure I'd get great service from a Nissan because I baby my vehicles but Toyotas are tops. Also, go to a parts store and compare prices of parts for a 10yo Toyota and a Nissan.

I would need your definition of "hard use" as this one was purchased for a 16 YO outdoors boy[now man] and bear hunts in some pretty rough terrain here in the mountains from August[chase season] through January and is also a daily driver for a 60 mile roundtrip commute to work. During that same time no less than four 4-wheelers have been totally destroyed[not wrecked just wore out/unuseable] by the same person to frame a picture of how he isn't rough on things with wheels and engines. No major repairs on the one pictured.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

We are all entitled to our opinions.

Especially during this holiday season.

God bless,
Travis

And God Bless you too, Clark.

FJB & FJT
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
You can call me Sparky.

Clark

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I would need your definition of "hard use" [/quote]

Think, "25yo Marine, driving it like he ain't got a dime in it", on an off-road driving course.

Interestingly, significant time has to be spent teaching a major portion of today's troops to drive a manual transmission, as that is all they will see overseas.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I will certainly agree that a Toyota is one heck of a well made, engineered and reliable vehicle. I have 174,000+ on a Tacoma and it runs like new. So far it isn't any better than my previous three F-150s. I put 200,000+ on all three F-150s with only one breakdown. My first one lost the alternator with 150,000+ on it and luckily I was less than a mile from home. My miles are easy, highway miles. I drive about 52,000 per year with a sales job. The company that I work for is going to start giving us an allowance to purchase our vehicles, so I will be paying close attention to the reliability ratings in the near future. All the new engines in the 2015 models make me a little nervous.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GM.

Over 8.4 million vehicles on a recall.

Just saying...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
You know - Happy WIFE - Happy LIFE !

Cheers RJ

375 H&H The Real KING of 375 's
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
GM.

Over 8.4 million vehicles on a recall.

Just saying...

Just got my airbags replaced by Toyota last week. It only took three trips to the dealer. They also informed me my intake manifold gasket is leaking which prompted me to find the TSB on the web. Their engineers make mistakes too.

Last edited by Whiptail; 12/18/14.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,626
Posts18,455,133
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.