Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
yeah the looks don't appeal to me either, looks like a flipp'n nerf gun. But I love .22WMR and 30 round capacity has got to be fun. I could kill a bear with 30 rounds of .22 MAG!

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's fun handing the PMR30 with a full mag to someone who has never fired one before and watching their reaction(s).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I heard mixed reviews on it when it first came out. Was waiting for them to get all the kinks out of it first.
Don't like the fact that it is ammo sensitive.
I don't care what it looks like, the fact that it holds 30 rounds of .22 mag ammo in that small of a package if it is reliable is very enticing.
Manufactures consider the .22 mag on the ragged edge pressures wise of what a rimfire action can handle.

Last edited by j2dogs; 12/12/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
It's fun handing the PMR30 with a full mag to someone who has never fired one before and watching their reaction(s).

OK bring yours down so I can try...but bring plenty of ammo so I can get a fair feel for it grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eh76

OK bring yours down so I can try... grin

Sorry but I don't swing that way, especially in Wyoming.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It just doesn't do anything for me

[Linked Image]

This sage rat didn't care for it either...

Granted, they are uglier than sin, but they shoot straight, hold lots of ammo, and go bang when you pull the trigger.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
was at my dealer today he had one, wanted 600 for it tho! said he got 2 in and had sold one already!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great pic Waders! Looks like you cut him in 2!

Anyone have any range targets to give us accuracy potential.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

OK bring yours down so I can try... grin

Sorry but I don't swing that way, especially in Wyoming.

Stingy huh... wink

is your PMR30 1st or 2nd Generation?

I know they had problems with the 1st Gen.

Are they reasonably accurate?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had a first gen and sold it. It was the most unreliable gun I have ever owned. I would hope that the 2nd gen have fixed it. I don't think I have ever fired a full mag through it with out jamming. I tried just about every ammo I could find.

I admit that it had potential to be some fun, but I had so many other guns that I enjoyed more. Accuracy was so-so at best. Not to mention that my 9mm was cheaper to shoot even if it held a few less.

I really like the 22magnum in a rifle and think that it is very under rated. I kills well beyond its size. But in a pistol you are only getting around 22lr performance, or a few fps more.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The original problems were over exaggerated through the internet being retold by those that only heard of the problems with no first hand experience. I did receive a new (updated) barrel from Keltec with a different twist although I had no issues with the original barrel.

Keltec makes some interesting firearms but match grade they are not.

Accuracy is decent but not great. I have a Burris FF on mine which works very well with the PMR30.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=j2dogs]Great pic Waders! Looks like you cut him in 2!

Anyone have any range targets to give us accuracy potential.[/quot e]

That is a pic he took of my first blood with my old PMR30. Accuracy wise, they are pretty good but not great IME. The Gen ll's might be better in that regard.

SEAL BILLY, if you can find it, grab some of the Hornaday plastic tip 45gr critical Defense ammo. By using powders more suited for handguns and other tricks, it is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade, power wise, for the PMR30 or any other handgun in 22WMR. Accuracy is good as well. That is the load I was using in the PMR30 shown in Wader's photo from a squirrel shoot I hosted for he and Jamie.

HOLSTERS, one of cool things about the PMR30 is that thier profiles lend them to fit and work well in a holster designed for a 1911. LOTS of those around.

I may get another because they are SO much fun. But my trail gun need is now handled by a 23 ounce 329PD with mid range SWC 44 'light magnum/heavy 44 spcl' ammo.

On top of the other neat things about a PMR30 is the fact that they are a delight to carry. If my back, (kidney area, of course)
and hip don't get any better I may go back to one for EDC. As it is, I am carrying the 329PD more and more of late even though I like to carry my full size 10mm as much as I can.

Congratulations upon your purchase, and I hope you have loads of fun with yours. I sure loved mine.

One more thing, for a really fun fireworks show, load that pistol up with some regular, rifle intended 22WMR ammo and fire an entire magazine through it as fast as you can pull the trigger AFTER SUNDOWN. With Maxi-mag or silver box Winchester the flame created such a display is much fun and quite impressive.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The original problems were over exaggerated through the internet being retold by those that only heard of the problems with no first hand experience. I did receive a new (updated) barrel from Keltec with a different twist although I had no issues with the original barrel.

Keltec makes some interesting firearms but match grade they are not.

Accuracy is decent but not great. I have a Burris FF on mine which works very well with the PMR30.

Thanks for the added info. Just might look at one of these when they appear around here.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Anyone shoot the gold dot pistol ammo in the PMR30?

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't even find the stuff around these parts sir!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How much do you need? RLY Enterprises in Cheyenne has had it in stock for a while.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There isn't any 22 LR or 22 WMR in stock any where around here. I had Woody pick up some Hornady he saw in NE.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Anyone shoot the gold dot pistol ammo in the PMR30?

Not that load, but I Chronographed the Hornaday Critical Defense load with the polymer tipped 45gr bullet and it ran about 200fps faster than other companies loads with a 40 grain bullet. I stock up on it when I find it. It is really good stuff out of my Marlin bolt action rifle, too.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There isn't any 22 LR or 22 WMR in stock any where around here. I had Woody pick up some Hornady he saw in NE.

Same here ... I always much prefered shooting 22 WMR out of my Single 6. Have not seen one box of 22 WMR for sale.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,627
Posts18,455,165
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.