Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
So sorry to hear about your buddy......that's one of the hardest things a guy can go through. frown

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
With my dog on my lap, I found this tear jerker on my facebook page today and thought of your recent loss.

I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur.

You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping. Once in awhile, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know that this was your territory.

Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion, and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you're not watching."

As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by. When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging, just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you." You never had a bad day and I could always count on you to be there for me.

When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap, looking for attention. You never asked for anything more than to have me pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.

As you got older, you moved around more slowly. Then, one day, old age finally took its toll and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up at me as if to say that you were old and tired and that after all these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me for one favor.

With tears in my eyes, I drove you one last time to the vet. One last time you were lying next to me. For some strange reason, you were able to stand up in the animal hospital; perhaps it was your sense of pride.

As the vet prepared us for your crossing over, you turned your head and looked at me as if to say,
"Thank you for taking care of me."

I thought, "No.... thank you for taking care of me."

-author unknown

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hate it for you

and hate the memories it dredges up in me

anytime a man buries a really good friend his heart should be heavy

and often some of our best friends walk on all fours and leave hair on the couch

pretty small price for what they give in return.

don't truly know how folks live without dogs

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Heavywalker:

Sorry you have to lose a member of your family. I feel your pain.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Well it's done just came in from putting her in the ground. Not ashamed to say I sobbed like a baby. Tough thing to do. Thanks for all your words. They do help a little.

Nothing to be ashamed about brother, when my lab passed away over a year ago it hit me like a 10 lb hammer. I still think of him to this day and all the good times we had together. Hang in there, it will get easier as time passes.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Heavywalker,

My heart hurts for you. I hope the pain is waining and the memories are brightening.

It's never easy, but he's in a better place waiting.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Within seconds of coming through the door, they become family.
The pain will subside, but the memories will live forever. At 12+, you gave them a good life.

We went through the same exercise this past spring, and while I mourn the dog, I really wish I could cure the sorrow my wife is enduring.

1Minute
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 1,946 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,432
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.