-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 28 1 2 26 27 28
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never met Mickey in person, but didnt have to to know he was a great man. We PMed about religion, or better, organized religion. I wasnt fond of it, still aint. He asked me if I believed. I said yes. He told me thats all thats needed. I worried about my salvation...sometimes I still do. Mickey said here, heres my number. Call me, id like to talk with you. I told him we're just strangers and id not feel comfortable. He said my names Mickey, yours? I said Todd. Good now, he said. We're friends. So I called him. We talked for a long while, him letting me know where his faith lies. And that I had no worries. My questions were just God reaching out to me to let me know Hes there for me, and loves me. It was much deeper than that, but that man made me feel like we knew each other forever. He comforted me with some deeply held issues. For that reason alone ill never forget him.

GB1

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by pahick
I never met Mickey in person, but didnt have to to know he was a great man. We PMed about religion, or better, organized religion. I wasnt fond of it, still aint. He asked me if I believed. I said yes. He told me thats all thats needed. I worried about my salvation...sometimes I still do. Mickey said here, heres my number. Call me, id like to talk with you. I told him we're just strangers and id not feel comfortable. He said my names Mickey, yours? I said Todd. Good now, he said. We're friends. So I called him. We talked for a long while, him letting me know where his faith lies. And that I had no worries. My questions were just God reaching out to me to let me know Hes there for me, and loves me. It was much deeper than that, but that man made me feel like we knew each other forever. He comforted me with some deeply held issues. For that reason alone ill never forget him.

Amazing

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by vacrt2002

Amazing

Thats what Mickey was but he'd never accept or admit to it,, a very humble man.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A good man. And he loved hummers.
I remember when a hummingbird got clipped by the string/wire of a hanging planter out by the deck and KO'd its wing. I tried for several days to help that little bird regain it's footing and fly, but ultimately put it out of its misery.

Mickey PM'd several times with advice and instruction to help that bird. And he was distraught when it didn't make it--admonished me for giving up too soon. It had been three days.

He had that rare quality of being a grounded man with a decent measure of humanity for even the smallest things, literally.

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F

The world needs more people like this. I’ve always believed that it’s a very small percentage of people that hold the decency of this world together.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I always enjoyed reading Mickey's posts. A true Southern gentleman. IIRC Steve No had him build a rifle for his daughter Gracie. I enjoyed reading about Steve raising his daughter to love the outdoors. I'll bet Gracie is married and raising a family by now. Does anyone know how they are doing?

Please don't feed the trolls!
Page 28 of 28 1 2 26 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (222Sako, 163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.