-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I hope I don't offend anyone by posting this on the Savage site but I just wanted to commend a truly American Company.
I had purchased a Henry 45/70. After shooting it I noticed that both the inner and outer magazine tube were sticking out about 4 inches beyond the muzzle of the rifle. I called Henry and they sent me a shipping label to send the rifle back for repair. I had the rifle back in a week and test fired it. Again, the magazines were sticking out beyond the muzzle. I e-mailed Mr. Anthony Imperato, Henry's President and CEO, about the problem. I received an e-mail back the next day from Mr. Imperato, stating the rifle was being replaced with a new rifle. They next day aired it to me at no charge and also included a Henry Gun Case with the new rifle.
I just wanted people to know about Henry's willingness to take care of their customers. Very seldom do we hear positive comments about companies when there is a problem. But just look at some other thread and see all the negative comments made about other gun companies customer service.
Again, I am sorry if this offends anyone.

Thom

To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will. Ronald Regan.

NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You warned us, O/T, I see no problem, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Iv heard Great stuff about there rifles, id like to have there Big Boy in 45 colt! my buddie has a pump 22 made by them pretty slick action!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I guess I have a mixed reaction to the story. I would have been a lot more impressed if they had fixed it the first time!

It is admirable that the CEO stepped up but that's what I would expect him to do since you took the extraordinary effort to contact him. Years ago I had a problem with FedEx over a damaged gun and I ended up going to the president's level to get satisfaction. I got the money but it left a sour taste. But, that's how I see things.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thought I was gonna see your original Henry rifle. frown
Glad the modern Henry treated you well. They have some production north of here in Rice Lake, WI.
I don't have a bucket list, but if I did an original would be on it. An amazing piece of (lever) history.

[Linked Image]

"Every day above ground is a good day."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I for one am mad as hell about and I'm not gunna take it anymore.

OK, maybe this one time.

LOL
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
[quote=Lightfoot]I guess I have a mixed reaction to the story. I would have been a lot more impressed if they had fixed it the first time!

It is admirable that the CEO stepped up but that's what I would expect him to do since you took the extraordinary effort to contact him. Years ago I had a problem with FedEx over a damaged gun and I ended up going to the president's level to get satisfaction. I got the money but it left a sour taste. But, that's how I see things. [/quote

I was not going to make an issue out of it the first time it happened. I realize mistakes do happen and I would have been happy if the gun had been repaired correctly the first time I sent it in.
I was just happy they stepped up to the plate the second time around.
I own a couple of Henry Big Boys 44mag and 45 colt, Henry 22 lever action, and a Henry pump 22 mag. They are a quality rifles and I have never had any problems with these other Henrys.
The first 45/70 I had was one of the first 45/70s to be made. It may have been an early production problem.
All I know is that this new 45/70 functions properly and is a joy to shoot. And I think Henry Customer Service is excellent.

To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will. Ronald Regan.

NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Came real close to buying a Henry 22LR last year... But I bought a Savage 23 instead. grin

I am impressed with what I see of the company. Nice to see an American rifle company that has the guts to advertise on normal TV channels.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
"Henry, the rifle", has a long and interesting history. But I'm not so sure about "Henry, the current manufacturer".

I'm of a similar opinion as Lightfoot... and wonder why they didn't "fix" the problem on the original rifle the first time around.

But, I guess all's well that ends well... confused

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,620
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.