Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kel-Tec PLR-16, perhaps?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Mu suggestion is to get a good cross section of the weapons suggested. Sit inside your vehicle without ear plugs and fire a round from inside. Then make your decision accordingly

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LMAO! Loudly.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've been inside a car when a 45ACP went off..that was enough to make me consider my vehicle defense plan to include smashing the pedal and GTFOOT

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. Shot critters from inside before. Not pleasant.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I had the pleasure of speaking to Lee Jurras a few years back about his groundbreaking ammo because a round of 110 Gr. Super-Vel JHP was used in a 1979 case we were looking at.

He wouldn't give a specific charge weight but was good enough to tell me it was "enough non-canister Unique to produce 1,100 fps out of a 2-in. barrel."

Last rounds rolled off the line c.'73 IIRC and the crime was six years later, so the remaining rounds in the gun were at least were at least 37 years old when the lab tested them in front of a Vision Research hyper-speed video camera.

One round wouldn't fire but the other two created horrendous flash and hundreds of burning and unburnt grains pluming out.

That's the desired effect. All premium rounds near that fast these days ad copy proclaims they are low-flash. Gotta use the hot, cheap stuff.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roll your own. Use Unique, redo the recipe, and be done.

This schit is only as hard as you make it.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not trying to. The liability folks decry handloads. In eight years I can do what I want.

I've been shooting far longer than many, and in my early years we didn't use ear pro or eye pro. My hearing is pretty bad.

I'm considering soft armor in plainclothes for the first time in years and buying personal rifle plates to keep handy since our department doesn't provide them to non-SWAT.

So dropping less than $20 for Surefire Sonic Defenders in my wrinkled old ears might not be a bad idea.

And it's great you recognized the Hobbes quote. I like my "Work/Life"guns to all be NBS-compliant. grin

Last edited by ColdCase1984; 12/22/14.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Charter .357 will cover your bases and if it's stolen you are not out much.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Don't get that. I think Ruger LCR would be best low cost option.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't say new Charter. You couldn't give me one of those.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got two dedicated truck guns. Glock 32 in the Console and a S&W Governor 45/410 in the drivers side door pouch for "close" encounters or to repel unwanted carjackers!

And as soon as my next Class 3 stamp goes through with the Feds, I'll be replacing my S&W Governor with a AOW 870 12ga with a 8" barrel & pistol grip.
It's bough and payed for. Just waiting on the Fed. Paperwork to process.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
chlinstructor
That kinda sounds like what the Marshall use on occasion!!! Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is. It ought to also make one HELL of a Rattlesnake gun at the Ranch, too cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/22/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

And as soon as my next Class 3 stamp goes through with the Feds, I'll be replacing my S&W Governor with a AOW 870 12ga with a 8" barrel & pistol grip.
It's bough and payed for. Just waiting on the Fed. Paperwork to process.

Whatever you do, don't try to index it as if it had a buttstock!

Popped a pistol grip on my issued 14-in. 870P for a specific mission few weeks ago. Nothing happened, but left it that way for awhile.

Indexed it as above with a trap load at a reactive target at my range, with a mere trap load, and it smacked back hard enough it drove my firing hand into the corner of my mouth. It smarted!

The ute buttstock is back on it. Think I know why they called them whippets. So glad it wasn't a Brenneke!

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ouch!!! I bet that did hurt! Thanks for the reminder!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,884
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.