-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy chit. I'm LMAO at some of the expert advice given here.

Kenneth is right - all we can do is guess via the Internet, but I'd bet that you've got a cross-connection somewhere that's allowing a hot/cold bleed over. Assuming the new work was done properly,(you don't mention if a qualified plumber did the work) it's most likely a failed cartridge in a single handle shower valve or faucet somewhere in the house.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Clue- you said it is a new faucet.
I would bet money it's the valve stop (round white plastic piece with notches like a gear) adjustment. Which stops the valve from rotating enough to allow proper amount of hot water. All the new single handle faucet have them today. It's a simple adjustment if you know how to do it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The easiest way to fix this problem is to call a plumber that knows what he is doing.

I can see the next thread will be: Can someone on the internet tell me how to fix the smoke coming from my electrical panel?

Kevin
NRA Lifetime Member
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can someone on the internet tell me how to fix the smoke coming from my electrical panel?

Throw water on it !!!!!!!! whistle

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if the faucet new,did it do the same thing with the old faucet? if it didn't then the faucet is your problem. have you run enough water in the sinks to see if it will cool off to.sink faucets have les water flow so if you have a hot water heater problem it would take longer for the water to cool off in a sink faucet .

IC B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's possible that detritus entered the hot water pipe prior to connecting the mixing valve. Or that the valve was assembled improperly. Low water pressure can also affect some mixing valves.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best advice is to get a good plumber in..

Other than that, I assume the "hot outlet" of the boiler supplies both the faucets and the shower?

Logic would then suggest this is mostly likely to be an issue with the boiler or the old pipe work/plumbing somewhere..

I would run the shower until it goes luke warm, and then turn off the cold water supply and/or isolate various other appliances around the home..As you are carring out this process, if shower water suddenly runs hot, you've got a cross over as suggested..

You can do similar and have somebody turn on the cold water at various basins,/faucets and also flush any toilets...

If there is a cross over, the drop in pressure by turning on the cold water should reduce it to the point you can detect the shower starting to run hotter..

Remember it might take a minute or two for the effect to be noticable....

Last edited by Pete E; 12/23/14.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,399 guests, and 739 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.