Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That sure is a beautiful rifle my friend...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Damn that 375H&H is mint!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Damn that 375H&H is mint!

Yeh man, with that qd Griffin & Howe mount it is as American as strawberry rhubarb pie with couple scoops of Ben & Jerry's on top.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Jeeze what a good looking 375! I have never been a G&H lover but I think if I had that one in hand it would 'GROW' on me in a hurry!I have no idea but old timers have told me many years ago that the G&H was super popular in its day and was not cheap by any means! Very best on a nice rifle, Im following this one close as I have one coming in next week that is a SG 375 H&H, I doubt I will ever get to use the gun so will more than likely sell it here. I seem to not be able to stop buying these pre 64's enough to go to Canada or AK to hunt! This pre 64 deal can be almost as bad as whiskey or dope, damn sure up there with the pretty woman thing! WinPoor

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Winpoor, Ihave the addiction too, which is why my safe needs cleaning! I have never messed with a G&H mount before this one, but believe it or not, it is a really nice quick detach system for a hunting rifl, even with the options we have today.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That is one of few American made mounts worth owning. It slides off once levers are released. Sadly most Americans do not understand scope mounts at all and what should add value to a rifle reduces that value. Nice rifle. Too bad it's .375 Magnum had two in the past never again. Too much gun for me. Good luck with the sale.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I have 1 or I'd be looking at buying this one. Anyone that has not shot a pre 64 model 70 375 H&H owes it to themselves to do so. They are actually very sweet shooting rifles and the recoil is not as bad as one would think..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I'm thinking of selling my shooter 30-06. How does GB work? Do you go through a local dealer who in turn ships to another dealer? And can't that all be a real mess if someone gets unhappy? Seems like eBay with even more complications? Would love to have a .375 H&H - how many extra holes are there if you pull that stuff - 3?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Buyers are often leery of new sellers. When selling on GB, it's just like here. Post a lot of pictures and be ready to answer questions. Be as specific and honest as you can be about the condition of the firearm you are selling. It's better to say it's in good condition, rather than excellent "like new" unless it really truly is. Be warned, it better damned well be if you are describing it as such. You'll find people are much happier if the item they get is better than it was described in the auction than worse. Keep buyers happy and they will give you good A+ feedback and it will get easier to sell things on GB, because people will see you are trust worthy according to previous transactions..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gusb
I'm thinking of selling my shooter 30-06. How does GB work? Do you go through a local dealer who in turn ships to another dealer? And can't that all be a real mess if someone gets unhappy? Seems like eBay with even more complications? Would love to have a .375 H&H - how many extra holes are there if you pull that stuff - 3?

Hey, no fair teasing us! Please tell us more and pic's if you can. ;-)

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Slavek
That is one of few American made mounts worth owning. It slides off once levers are released. Sadly most Americans do not understand scope mounts at all and what should add value to a rifle reduces that value. Nice rifle. Too bad it's .375 Magnum had two in the past never again. Too much gun for me. Good luck with the sale.

Nonsense, I have and do own scores of ...American mounts... and have had them on 43 different P-64-70s, ioncluding fourof these .375s, five .338WM Alaskans and four .300 H&H rifles. I currently have a very nice original .375 and minty .300 plus a shorty custom .375 and the mounts, Talley QDs and Leupy QRWs, work VERY well and are both lighter and cheaper than most Euro. types.

The G&H is not one I care for, after owning a P-64 SG with one and they are seldom seen here in BC now; the Talleys are SO much better in all respects.

I find the .375s easy to shoot well, but, they are too heavy for general use in the mountains and I much prefer the .338 Alaskans, among the finest serious factory hunting rifles ever produced, IMO.

Americans produce the best mounts and many of the best rifles anywhere, most Euro. stuff is mediocre and costs far more than it's performance warrants.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by Razz

Hey, no fair teasing us! Please tell us more and pic's if you can. ;-)

Bunch of pictures/history in the thread at:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Winchester_70_any_pre64_exp#Post9061490

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I have 1 or I'd be looking at buying this one. Anyone that has not shot a pre 64 model 70 375 H&H owes it to themselves to do so. They are actually very sweet shooting rifles and the recoil is not as bad as one would think..

I would have no problem saying no to .375 Hoffman Arms on Mauser Oberndorf action so saying no to Model 70 is "lovingly warm breeze to the face". Having had two rifles chambered for this caliber I'm not going to "ring bell at that door again".

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.