Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Our cameras do like you said, 7mm. If the computer senses a "critical event" such as hard braking, hitting a big bump, having a crash etc, it sends a video back 10 seconds, and foreward 10 seconds, to headquarters.

So, supposedly when you are sitting there parked, like I am now, nothing is being sent back to hq. Just to be safe there is a piece of duct tape on the camera right now.

Those are the same ones we had....

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can honestly say I have never done that. The practice is revolting.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree, and like anything, it only takes a few bad apples to spoil everyone's reputation. As hunters and gun-owners, we know that.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes we do.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It's gotta have a fuse or circuit breaker to it.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Throw ball cap over and cut the mic wire.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
gitem it is interesting you should say that. My company has 700 trucks, yet only 10 have cameras. I am one of the best drivers in the fleet.
Very interesting, perhaps they cherry picked the top drivers, to mollify the insurance company.

K1500 yes you are right, you can do anything for 2 years. Other than the GD camera this is a great company. Mostly I run from Greenville SC to Laredo Tx. Very very little ice and snow, and traffic not too bad.
You get on with another company, they start sending you to LA and the godforsaken traffic, or, they start sending you to Camden NJ in January in the sleet and snow, massive crime and traffic from hell, you would begin to wish you were driving across the central Texas desert with a camera in your face.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
We have them in our parts delivery vehicles. If you accelerate, brake, turn to fast or hit a bump to fast they automatically take a 8 second before and after snapshot of the event and email it to the safety department. They review it and decide if it a punishable event. They suck and I dont drive our rigs if I dont have to. I can see insurance requiring them in all commercial vehicles eventually.

It would be affordable for the cameras and GPS to record your every move and detect all that and more like when you go over the speed limit.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Qualcomm already records all that. My boss could punch me up on her computer and see where I was, speed, rpm, and gear. A download would show all that data and more for a year at a time.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I had 3 on the bus, none were pointed out.

They probably know you. laugh

Originally Posted by Scott F
They don't need to watch me change my underwear.

You change your underwear? Knew I was forgetting something. whistle

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In my industry, we have had the cameras looking out front for years. I love 'em. Thinking of getting one for my own vehicles. They have killed more frivolous lawsuits than I can count, many of them before they ever hit the courts. I have personally been saved from "eye witness" lies and misperceptions by the nose camera more than once.

The inward-facing camera, I'm not so keen on. But I'm fearing it less all the time, for similar reasons. If recording and accessing the data is restricted to triggering events, they can be very useful - and abuse can be limited....I think. The contract carrier that I ride with every day has them, and even their bottom-of-the-barrel drivers rarely get fired - so at least that company must be practicing some discretion with the cameras.

I have had the pleasure of watching a short video from one of these inward-facing cameras during a safety presentation. The driver could be seen dozing off several times before going clear out and then rolling the vehicle (fatally). Two points driven home by that video.....1) don't be that guy, and 2) if a company sees repeated evidence of sleep-deprivation problems, maybe....just maybe....some corrective action might ensue.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What they look for with ours is if there is a critical event if you were Talking on phone,texting- smoking drinking or eating, wearing a seat belt, paying attention. The cameras are quite good. They can tell how often you check you mirrors and if you are following to close. If you are caught blocking or unhooking the cameras it is automatic termination.

I got nabbed last week for not wearing a seatbelt. Had to stop for a redlight and made camera go off. Once i stopped I looked up to see if redlight on camera was on and said F--k. When they wrote me up for it they showed me the film I thought it was kinda funny. They wanted to know why I didnt buckle up once I knew I was caught and I told them whats the use at that point.

If we get 2 write ups in 3 months we lose our driving privileges and will be moved to a position that dont require driving which my position is supposed to be anyway. I can see why they do it as it has helped to prove fault but I dont like the invasion of privacy.

Last edited by 7mmMato; 01/21/15.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a camera in the 'truck' but it's reserved for recording singing to the dog.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ours record all the time so we have to jump start the trucks every moring when it gets cold cause it drains the batteries. They kept putting batteries in the trucks when they werent even two weeks old. I finally explained to them that the cameras were running them down and the trucks werent running long enough to keep them properly charged. They unhooked them a couple of nights and found that I was right. They are now in the process of reprogramming the cameras so they stop recording at night unless they are being driven.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It took 'them' more than one night to figure that out?!

Holy chit.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (35, Bigd7378, Birdwatcher, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,254
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.