-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't speak to other area's of the country but around here most of the black kids and some of the white ones are being raised by Grandparents (lots of times just a Grandmother) that are too old to have that responsibility. The parents, usually a single Mom, is not ready to give up playing to raise the kid, or kids. Thus, the kid has little, to no, oversight of his actions. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
I am a parent.

Is it impossible for a parent to call a spade a spade?

http://missoulian.com/news/local/vi...c1a1418-c662-5728-99dd-af28d9c4c412.html

You are a parent, right? Some of these people are worthless parents and some try to raise their kids proper or as best as they can.

They start with a basically nice, cute kid, that is their joy at ages 3-7-10. They listen and obey most of the time and they are loving kids. Then puberty hits. From ages 13-17, just 4 short years they can go from cute kid to man'child monster hanging with the older thugs. At 13, they are still watching Spongebob and Adventure Time, and 4 years later all they want to do is get high and get laid.

It is very difficult for a parent that has had a decent kid for 14 years to accept he went bad in 2.

"He was was a good boy!"

Well, 2 years ago he was. they are parents, they love their kids and it is difficult to understand and see that they have gone bad. As a parent, you never want to believe things are THAT bad, and then it hits you and is heartbreakiing.

If you have raised kids through the teen years, you get it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess I'm fortunate with my three children. I can't relate. My "go to" question for them when they were growing up (in response to bad behavior) was "what would Jesus think about this." That pretty much shamed them and built up their conscience.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
I can't speak to other area's of the country but around here most of the black kids and some of the white ones are being raised by Grandparents (lots of times just a Grandmother) that are too old to have that responsibility. The parents, usually a single Mom, is not ready to give up playing to raise the kid, or kids. Thus, the kid has little, to no, oversight of his actions. miles

We're just animals, as much as some like to think otherwise. You can't make a pointer out of the typical pitbull and it's not unusual for a puppy to be batshit crazy, even when it's litermates are "normal".

Why would one expect a child to be different than their biological parents, short of a mental problem?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
. . . Why would one expect a child to be different than their biological parents, short of a mental problem?

Sorta like "the apple don't fall far from the tree?"

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, but there are exceptions, both good and bad. Those without experience in these matters are quick to blame environmental factors without considering linage or defect. They are the same types that buy into things like global warming. Some are just bred to be POS. The worst tend to be defective.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pat, you are of course, including in your analysis, "nurture" and "Nature". smile

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I forgot to add. Parents love to take credit for having "normal" children, often way too much credit, and are quick to judge others who were'nt so lucky. The worst are those who have no children at all. I can't imagine what it would be like to be the parent of a real criminal, but I know many good people who are. It is hard on them.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Why does every encounter with an LE have to end with an unarmed person being shot to death?

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Pat, you are of course, including in your analysis, "nurture" and "Nature". smile

Sure. It's important to seperate common criminals from the uncommon ones in this discussion.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
So long as one has a mind, they are the ones responsible for their actions, good and bad.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton

On the flip side I've seen the same lack of parenting in what would seem to be "perfect" white middle class and upper middle class homes. Both mom and dad are busy with their careers, their lives, their friends and there just isn't any significant time put into parenting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Why does every encounter with an LE have to end with an unarmed person being shot to death?
It doesn't. I have talked to the police to talk about shooting, make suggestions to reduce speed limits, show them my new rifle and all sorts of things like that. Never was armed or shot by the police.

It is when criminals resist arrest that some of them die when the police have to take them down. Some of them need to be killed when they assault the police. In everyone of these recent deaths those that died deserved what happened to them.

The same thing happened when Trayvon Martin was killed by George Zimmerman. He attempted to murder George Zimmerman and was killed in self defense. I watched the trial and the evidence supported the Zimmerman's statement claiming self defense in every significant respect.

The only difference is that Tyrant Obama the Liar and the progressive fascists are using these incidents to fill their base with hatred and fear for political gain. This is the same evil that Hitler used to win the support of the German people by filling them with hatred and fear of the Jews. It was evil when Hitler did it and just as evil when Tyrant Obama the Liar did it.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
On the flip side I've seen the same lack of parenting in what would seem to be "perfect" white middle class and upper middle class homes. Both mom and dad are busy with their careers, their lives, their friends and there just isn't any significant time put into parenting.

The ghetto gangster class has children primarily to increase the size of their welfare checks. They are for the most part role models for the children and criminals also.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To admit your kid was a justifiable is to admit you failed as a parent. Why would anyone who denied reality for decades change?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

The ghetto gangster class has children primarily to increase the size of their welfare checks. They are for the most part role models for the children and criminals also.

I grew up in a fairly afluent east bay neighborhood. While I don't think anyone I went to school with was shot by the police, a few ended up in jail on drug charges and in high school one girl stabbed another girl to death.

And 99 times out of a 100 in the schools our kids have gone to, when a kid is headed for trouble their mama always says, oh not my baby.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I believe you have pretty much nailed it most here are thinking in terms of real parents. I am sure that good folks have a bad kid from time to time, but I truly believe the apple falls close to the tree.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
I am a parent.

Is it impossible for a parent to call a spade a spade?

http://missoulian.com/news/local/vi...c1a1418-c662-5728-99dd-af28d9c4c412.html

Most of these people aren't real parents and had their children to boost their welfare check. Their children are reflections of them and their criminals. They also are hoping to strike it rich through the deaths of their children. Just consider that action of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown's parents. The former trademarked Trayvon's image and name and scored big with a lawsuit against the development where Trayvon was shot. Michael Brown's Mom has a felony charge pending against her for assaulting a relative over selling Michael Brown souvenirs. It's clear why their sons were criminals.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I got a nephew who is a worthless, unemployed 27 year old doper, looks just like that kid. Probably will wind up the same way.

I'm in simular have a P.O.S nephew i don't allow him on property anymore

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My nephew is an irresponsible POS. One of five children and the other four are great kids. So it's not always the parents. No defending the bad apple in my family. Three of his siblings won't even talk to him anymore.

He's already spawned two children. and he's leaching off his parents. The only thing I would offer to give my nephew is money to pay for a vasectomy.

Last edited by silver78; 01/22/15.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (1973cb450, 808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.