24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have replace the barrels on four Glocks with the Lone Wolf and have never had one jam and accuracy is outstanding. Here is the 6 inch Wolf on my Glock 20 .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I've got one of their 9mm conversion barrels for my Glock 22. It's worked without any glitches, and shoots better than I can.

The throat is shorter than the factory barrel in my Glock 17. I needed to seat bullets a little deeper for ammo compatibility between the two.

[Linked Image]

When they came out with the conversion barrels, I was pretty skeptical and I thought it was kind of a goofy idea. Boy was I wrong, it's rare I hear of any problems with them and most have reported that the gun doesn't miss a step at all. I've heard of a couple people complain that it no longer shot to point of aim, but even that isn't common.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by bea175
I have replace the barrels on four Glocks with the Lone Wolf and have never had one jam and accuracy is outstanding.

I've also used several Lone Wolf barrels, among others, and have a 6.6" G20 barrel in my LW longslide. They do work, usually, although more than half of mine have needed some form of work to be correct. Most other brands are better, hence LW is definitely not "as good as it gets".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krupp
Leaning toward Lone Wolf barrels for a few of my Glocks. I have heard some good and bad things about them.
Input please.

I own only one - a 9mm barrel for a Glock 23. It functions perfectly.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I bought a LW in 9 MM for my Glock 17, the accuracy never was as good as the factory barrel, but it was tighter in the fit to slide area as I noticed it was wearing into the upper slide more than the factory barrel.

Ended up selling my Glock 17 and the LW barrel was sold separately online. Glad to see other people noticed that LW is not all that great.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a threaded 9 to 40 barrel for my G22 shoots very well no hiccups!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At one time when I was young and foolish I ordered two LW barrels for a G27 and G30. If you read their website material it states that there barrels are designed to work with factory ammo. This is a huge oversight by many who buy their products. (See a big thread in Glock Talk about LW barrels)

What is the reason most people buy a LW barrel? Answer: Most buy because they believe they can shoot lead reloads safely with that barrel. NEWS FLASH -- LW BARRELS COME WITH SHORT TIGHT CHAMBERS. If you find that you ammo won't feed with a LW barrel for $30 and shipping they will "ream" it out for you. When a lot of their customers started to flame them on this policy, they relented and offer to bore out the chamber for free. Since then I think it now costs you $30 to correct a problem on a new barrel.

I returned my two barrels to LW for the free rebore and it only took 104 days to turn them around !!!! After the ream job, on the barrels and also me, one of the barrels would function about 80% of the time and the other about 35%. Their custom service approach is to first call you an idiot for trying to use their barrels with your reloads. Even if your reloads will function properly in multiple other barrels for that same caliber.

I later ordered two KKM barrels for the two Glocks and things are running very smooth with the same reloads. I think there is some increase in accuracy in the G27 and a lot of increase in the G30. I will never buy another LW product.

Some Glock barrels will shoot lead reloads just fine. I have two other Glocks a G19 and a G17 that handle the lead reloads just fine and do so accurately. After shooting 75-100 rounds I will clean the barrel but lately there is little leading showing up at all if any.

If you are thinking about changing out your Glock barrels to shoot lead I would recommend KKM, but I would try a bunch of lead rounds first to see if you really need to change over.

Stay away from LW barrels.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
for me it was less about accuracy, or the factory barrel not shooting lead but shooting 200's at 1250 without scaring the crap out of me by blowing big bubbles in my brass. kkm cures the smile, accuracy and is super easy to clean.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Redhill

Some Glock barrels will shoot lead reloads just fine. I have two other Glocks a G19 and a G17 that handle the lead reloads just fine and do so accurately. After shooting 75-100 rounds I will clean the barrel but lately there is little leading showing up at all if any.

Good thoughts.

Just a tip - if you find a Glock OEM barrel that doesn't shoot lead well, make sure to slug and measure the bore. My G19 barrel slugs at .357", so a lot of .356-.357" commercial cast bullets would lead badly. I have slugged others at .355" though, and some of the .40/10mm barrels at .401" instead of .400".

I just size my cast bullets as large as possible to still drop in the chamber easily (.360" for Glock 9mm barrels) and they shoot great.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.