Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Can't anybody up there tell the TRUTH???!!!

As far as being in "combat" goes, after El Dorado Canyon ( Mohammar's first midnight wake up; actually about 0200 IIRC), a DOD message was sent out to all three Airwings involved that essentially directed that "there will be NO, repeat NO mention of 'combat' in Officer Fitreps or correspondence and there will be NO green ink used to signify combat time in personal flight log books for any flights regardless of ordnance expended, hostile fire or support role."

Pure politics I guess...

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Top 2%of his class at W.P. and a Captain in the 82nd Airborne (5yrs.) He may have done some training w/S.F. Jus sayin.

I happen to know Bob personally and have worked with him. Let me put a little context on this.

First of all, I know him to be extremely patriotic, religiously devout, talented and hard working. Most who have worked with him love him. I did not work at P&G. He and I were officers of the American Chamber of Commerce in Osaka together for several years and I was one of the two who convinced him to serve, despite his very busy work, family and church commitments.

Coming out of running a major business, he cannot be expected to do things the inside DC or political way. I guarantee that the knives are out to take advantage of any misstep. He is a guy that is very talented and can do the VA job -- if anyone can.

Dealing with the press and with the hatred even within one party is another thing. Remember, he is a Republican working within a Democratic Administration. He gets it from both sides.

In trying to bond with a homeless vet, he said he was also in special forces. He never deployed in special forces, but he did get through Ranger training. In that regard, he did have a connection. He should not have misspoken, but he has corrected it and apologized. Who knows, they probably had other plans for him. I happen to know that A.G. Lafley of P&G personally recruited him and begged him to work there, so he makes an impression as a real talent.

He has an awfully important job to do. I hope he can. The VA needs it. In DC, most people seem to wish for failure by others. Let's give him a chance -- or do you think someone else can do it better?

Last edited by Anjin; 02/24/15.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
So it's ok for a guy with his stature and upbringing to perjure himself counselor? Sure looked condescending in the vid to lie to a poor vet sitting in garbage. Looks like his PR stunt back fired on him. Maybe he and the Mrs. should invite the homeless vet over for a shower, shave and dinner. Maybe tell Special Forces stories after dinner with a brandy and cigar? Never happen.

If he really wanted a valid PR stunt he should've gone to the VA in Tomah WI and kicked the doctors in their ass's that over medicated Vets with opiates.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Let me put a little context on this.
Your context has little fit in light of his claims of firing 60 with another 1000 likely in wake of the VA contributing to the deaths of dozens of vets, when none of that was true. I'm sure he's all you say he is as are many successful people, but you also need to add liar to the list. In that, I'd say he has mastered the DC way of doing things quite well, to the detriment of the country.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by wildbill59
You run into all sorts that were Seals, Special forces.

What should they do to this guy, a gubbermint worker bee that lied?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...tedly-admits-lying-about-special-forces/

fuggin dink.

Trump Won!
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.