24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well dammit, I had not noticed my tinnitus until I read this thread. Now it's going full blast, and all I can hear is crickets on steroids.

Sam......

BP-B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Only partial cure - don't read threads about tinnitus! Darn, I hadn't thought about it in a while.

I asked my Dr about it and she said "learn to live with it". I've since learned that mine is a side-effect of a Tarlov cyst, which keeps me in sciatic pain, the majority of the time.

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by mudstud
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Seem to recall some talk of a potentially effective cure or treatment for tinnitus on here some time back. Any update on this? Was hoping it was for real and there was something a guy could do, but not seeing anything up here anyway.

It is Lipo-Flavonoid Plus. I just started taking it yesterday, so in another 59 days, I'll let you know if it helps! Picked mine up at WalMart.

I've started taking that too - It's a ridiculous amount of pills you have to take and there not exactly cheap but if it works, its worth it.
As my doctor says - Whoever discovers a cure will be richer than Bill Gates.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had it for nearly 50yrs.Caused from hours and hours on those diesel tractors.These days I've learned to just kick back,sip on a cool glass of Tennessee whiskey and enjoy the sound of the crickets singing.I really don't think there is a damn thing you can do about it,so learn to live with it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MoBassMan
Only partial cure - don't read threads about tinnitus! Darn, I hadn't thought about it in a while.

I asked my Dr about it and she said "learn to live with it". I've since learned that mine is a side-effect of a Tarlov cyst, which keeps me in sciatic pain, the majority of the time.

I am kind of the same way. It is always there and it screams all the time. In my case it is part of an concurable disease. Life goes on, I live with it. It sure isn't the worst thing to happen to me.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lipo-Flavonoid worked wonders for me. Wal-Mart has the best price. $24.86, which is $4 to $5 less than most of the chain drugstores. You will find it in the vitamin section.

It takes about six weeks to take effect,just like the instructions say. At that point a noticeable improvement may be realized. Then, for me, improvement slowly continued over several months until 90% of my Tinnitus is now gone.

Once the tinnitus improved quite a bit I dropped down to one pill in the morning and one at bedtime. I have been taking it that way for several years now. I know it doesn't work for everybody, but I know some others that it has worked for, also.

Also, if you suffer from Tinnitus, avoid aspirin. Even the once-a-day baby aspirin regimen can make tinnitus worse.

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=lipoflavinoid

Last edited by nifty-two-fifty; 03/15/15.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been taking Lipo-Flavonoid, and haven't noticed any results yet. But, I haven't been taking the recommended dosage either. I take two pills every evening with my meal.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lipo-Flavinoid is frustrating because you have to take quite a bit of it for several weeks just to see if it helps you, and how much.

I suspect a lot of people give up after the first bottle because they haven't noticed a change, but it actually will probably take two bottles to see if one gets results.

I committed to the $50 experiment after a Dr. recommended I give it a try. He said there is no risk and no side effects. Even if it doesn't help the tinnitus it is a pretty good vitamin pill.

Nifty-250

Yogi Berra
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also, once you get results from Lipo-Flavinoid, if you do, you can reduce the dosage and see how much you need to maintain the results. In my case two pills a day, one morning and one at night.

I tried quitting and the tinnitus started coming back within a couple of days.

I also tried re-starting the baby aspirin, and again, the tinnitus started coming back within a couple of days, even though I was still taking the Lipo-Flavinoid.

Best of luck to anybody with tinnitus. It can be a significant problem and sometimes very severe. If you don't have it, count your blessings, and have some compassion for those that do.

Nifty-250

Yogi Berra
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Hearing aids.

Wearing my hearing aids right now, the major sounds I hear is the screaming that is constantly in the background no matter what I do.

Meniere's Sucks!!!

It's your wife, Scott!

Just started the lipos upon recos from my doc. Will see in a few weeks if it helps.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Have had it for a lot of years, shooting, rock and roll, the usual. Had a bad head injury a number of years back, doubled the noise, only now on several different tonal levels. Bottom line from the docs I went to said: they know a lot about the outer ear, but NOBODY knows squat about the inner ear. Told me stories about different patients "hearing" different things, even trying cutting some audio nerves, (didn't help), etc. I just live with it. He also told me to not buy into any claims of pills etc., it's all snake oil salesmen. Glad to hear some of you are getting relief from some of the stuff, I've made my peace with it, and am glad to still be standing.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Hearing aids.

Wearing my hearing aids right now, the major sounds I hear is the screaming that is constantly in the background no matter what I do.

Meniere's Sucks!!!

It's your wife, Scott!

Just started the lipos upon recos from my doc. Will see in a few weeks if it helps.

laugh laugh laugh

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
333 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 35 invisible), 2,012 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.