handwerk,
I went through the same quandary and I ran some informal tests of brands and standard vs magnum primers. My Speer manual often indicates magnum primers on some standard caliber recipes. I do not just "wing it" I'm interested in a "good" hunting load not maximum velocity or energy per se. What I "learned" was of little value for my use. Velocity, POI, and group size varied but not of much consequence. Sometimes scope adjustment would be fruitless at normal hunting range of <300 yards. Bench rest shooters or varmint shooters might be much more concerned about variations of tiny fractions of an inch at 100 yards. Your usage and what your rifles prefer is what matters to you. These days of uncertain availability in reloading components require I be somewhat flexible as to my components and "pet loads" as my preferred ingredients may be "out of stock". I don't think this is going to improve much in the near future if ever so having ONE recipe for a given rifle/caliber may cause more frustration than having an open mind and a variety of ingredients on hand so that your primer/case/powder/bullet can be massaged into an acceptable finished product. While I understand this mentality adds to the problem, I don't horde components but I try to keep a modest inventory so I have what I need to shoot anything from p pups to big game to punching paper. jm2cts

Why does a man who is 50 pounds overweight complain about a 10 pound rifle being too heavy?
SCI Life Member 4**