-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
move his wifes mother into a hospice care facility.
she has Alzheimers,and doesn't recognize them.
she is only 66.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You are good people, fluffy.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Usually the body goes before the brain. That's what we're conditioned to see. Though to watch when it's the other way around.

Good on you for helping and a good reminder to live life to the fullest.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow. Having been around two friends who have died from this awful disease, I can only offer my prayers for her and your friends.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You help your friends, they help you. Win, win.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good job. That is a tough deal. did it here with Grandpa and now recently with Carolyns Mom. At least she is 75 already. Fortunately or not, as the estate is depleted by the nursing home, she has no other medical issues...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That's tough. Hope your friend is OK. I have a friend that did that too. She would travel 30 miles 3x a week to help her mom out but there were getting to be too many surprises when she got there.
What was tough was when the facility told her to wait a month to visit so her mom could acclimate to the change.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Good job. That is a tough deal. did it here with Grandpa and now recently with Carolyns Mom. At least she is 75 already. Fortunately or not, as the estate is depleted by the nursing home, she has no other medical issues...

$6700 a month for her to be in this facility. shocked

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
some facilities make you wait, ours did not. Lucky its almost in town here too.

Not sure what ours runs, but I'd begged teh family to set up the estate to protect it years ago.... nope, nothing will happen.

Its fixing to bite them really hard as there was some cash and land and house involved and likely they will inherit nothing. And one sister may loose some cash because she "borrowed" from the estate to build her house...... I told em not to.

But I've also told my wife that not one single dime will come from our side, RE the sisters debt etc... for Mom we'll do anythhing we need to.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fluffy, you are a good friend to have, sir.

My Mom caught Alzheimer's at 55 sitting in her car at a red light on her way to work less than a mile away and didn't know what to do.
She passed 4 1/2 yrs later at 59 in '95.

My Pop was sole caregiver for 4 of those years, finally calling in help in the final months. He was physically unable to provide the care needed at that point, himself having been shot up twice in WWII.
You see, this disease does not just challenge the brain's ability to reason. It's entirely degrading physically, at the same time.

Progress has been made with medications to push back the advance of this disease. But, it's still knocking off our loved ones every day.

Wouldn't mind having you as a friend in my camp. Fluffy, you hang in there, buddy.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,933 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,704
Posts18,456,820
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.